- Chapter Nine -

He stared at me and traces patterns on my bare arm. "Be my girlfriend." He states.

I look up at him panicked.

I bite my lip as I pull the covers further up my chest and look at him. "Can I think about it?" I nod at him, reassuring myself, "I think we should wait."

There was a hint of disappointment in his eyes which was normal. I felt my heartstrings being plucked as I watched his Adam's apple bob up and down. "I get that, yeah." He grins at me and places a kiss on my forehead. "Do you wanna go on a date tomorrow?"

I search his eyes, "definitely." I let myself melt into him. "But I'm tired so I'm gonna go to sleep." I peck his lips.

I know he's upset. He won't show it but the rejection will sting.

He raises an eyebrow, "oh really?" He deepens the kiss and I hum out, nodding slightly into it.

"Yes really," I laugh and position myself to have my head resting on his chest. His chest bounces as he laughs. I loved hearing the calm beating of his heart. It reassured me. We get settled as I rest an arm over his bare stomach. "Night, Sam."

"Goodnight, Eden."

"Audrey I fucked up." My head drops into my hands as I wail at my friend, "I fucked up real bad."

Audrey's hair was styled into braids and her brown skin glistened in the sun. I decided to meet up with her at the cafe me and Sam go to everyday. I needed her advice- it wasn't the best, but it's advice nonetheless.

"Oh, well spill." She grins at my distress, shifting in her seat.

"My boss is in fact super hot, Christian Grey wannabe, Julia Manuel. Who in fact I met at the party and we shared a thing, it was weird.

"I also met Sam at said party so now I'm in a dilemma between both my boss and the guy I'm casually fucking but he wants me to be his girlfriend." I rant and watch as she looks at me impressed, "She's stopping me from being with Sam." What I won't admit out loud is that he's stopping me from being with her.

"Damn, you've somehow done worse than my hump and dump." I roll my eyes at her. She continued to enjoy my suffering.

"Audrey, Evan didn't hump and dump you." She then rolls her eyes at me. Taste of her own medicine.

"I don't think your boss is somehow stopping you from being with Sam- I think that's you." She says all-knowingly. "Do you like your boss?"

"Yes, yes I do."

"Do you like Sam?" She adds.

"Also yes."

"Well then shit, ion know." She sighs out and the need to slam my face into the table grew immensely.

She paused, thinking deeply before imparting her wisdom on me. "We're still young. You can have a taste for both. See how it goes with Sam and if it's not your cup of tea then go poke around with Julia."

"But can we just do that?" I ask her.

"I mean you can't not do it- nothing is stopping you... except for your morals."