- Chapter Three -

Walking into the bathroom, I stripped down and stepped into the tub. When I turned on the shower, the freezing cold water pelted against my back, I squealed, almost hitting the ceiling.

"Holy shit! Oh my god!" I yell out.

"Babes, you okay?!" I heard Audrey shout from outside the room.

I roll my eyes. Wow, my knight in shining armor. I shout back, "yeah the water was just cold!" I fix the temperature and relax as it heats up.

My brain was churning through different thoughts until it stopped on her. As the many things I thought about crossed my mind while I washed myself, I kept circling back to one thing... I swear she looked familiar. Like, there was something about her that I recognized. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Which frustrated the hell out of me.

I feel her hands on my hips again and I imagine what her lips felt like, tasted like.

This ghost has me in a choke hold.

I need to focus on the interview, not some random girl I met at a party I shouldn't have even gone to.

This led me to thinking about the interview. I've always wanted to be a personal assistant since I left college. There was nothing else I thought I'd be good at. The bratty attitude is tolerable, the pay and glamour you witness has always been what interested me the most. It's not the most exciting job but it's enough for me.

Really, the dream would be a job in Paris, the thought had always made me swoon. It's the perfect place. And, it's got a great science and health research facility for dad.

I get out of the shower, going through the normal routine; drying myself off with a towel before beginning to ring out my hair. I pull on underwear, dry my hair, then make my way to my bedroom. I pull on my clothes, sit at my vanity and begin to slather makeup on my face and match my jewelry.

When I leave my room, Audrey is still on the couch, staring at her phone. "Hey cutie." She looks up from her phone and smiled as she scans my outfit. "Wow you look great."

"Thank you!" I smile before I go and grab my coat. "I should be back after lunch at some point. Are you staying or are you going home?" I look over to her and she glanced around at different things in my living area, thinking about her choice. She always did that when she was thinking, looked at everything around her as if it would magically give her the answer.

"I'm not sure. I'll text you before lunch so you'll see it once you're out." She leans back down on the couch and huffs out.

I say goodbye one last time and leave the apartment. Running down the flight of stairs, I almost bust my ass forgetting I was wearing heels. They had a relatively chunky heel but my ankle still found a way to treat it as if it was the skinniest thing in existence.

After recovering, I walked along the streets taking in the people and sights around me. It was about a five minute walk before the tall, glass building entered my vision as I crossed the road.

I go over to the front desk and smiled at the lady sitting there.

"Hi, I'm here for the personal assistant interview." I bit my lip slightly and watched the receptionist smile at me and nod.

"Yeah of course, sweetie. People are waiting on the fourth floor for the interview. I wish you well." She seemed nice. I thank her and scan the room for the elevator, "honestly, Julia is a handful so I'm hoping you can handle her."

"Thank you! I really hope I get the job. It would be great to get coffee sometime." We share a smile and I make my way up to the fourth floor.

I look into the rooms as I pass. The empty chairs were eerie. It felt like something out of a dystopian film where zombies have taken over and nature had reclaimed her own land.

I finally reach the room where a few people were sitting outside an office.

"I didn't realize we were getting interviewed by Julia herself." I whisper to a guy next to me. He glanced next to me and nodded.

"I know right... Levin Baskey," he introduces himself, outstretching his hand towards me.

"Eden McLaughlin." I take his hand and shake it.

I didn't know much about Julia just that she's taken over for her parents company. She's apparently a major playboy as well. Known for being a pain to work with.

How convenient.

"Yeah, I guess it's so she picks the right one." The blond says. He had a very simple black and white suit on. It looked great on him. Not the type of suit you'd wear to a fancy event, just a suit smart enough to go to an interview but not overdo it.

I felt out of place compared to the others. They all wore black and white outfits and I wore an outfit corresponding to the fall weather. I just enjoy fashion and if that's something they don't like then I say oh well.

The people in here all were completely different- and more attractive than me. Damn. I really stick out like a sore thumb.

I tried hiding my outfit with my jacket. Everyone else's outfit was more professional than mine.

Stop being insecure. Confidence, Eden. We need confidence! No one will want to hire you if you are a little timid thing.

"Hello everyone, thank you all for coming by. I will start calling names now, starting with Joseph Frank." An older lady stands at the door and starts calling out names.

A man stood up and walked into the office. He was in there for about ten minutes before walking out and leaving the building.

"Yasmine Jones."

A brunette stands up and goes in. She's in for a little longer but comes out and leaves the same way.

I start getting nervous as there are still about five other people.

"Fred Cann."

Alright Scooby Doo.

"Kayla Stone."

She's so pretty.

"Giovanni..... Giovanni?"

Huh, well that's a strange name.

"Rachel Reed."

Wow.

"Emma Mchale."

Cute.

"Levin Baskey."

Uh oh.

"Eden McLaughlin."

I look about pretending as if Eden was totally a common name.

I sigh out and finally enter the office. It smelled nice, clean. It had good lighting. I wouldn't mind working here. Yet, it felt very alien to me. The incense was a calming addition and candles on shelves and windowsills made it very welcoming.

————————————————————————
Okay so here is Julia's outfit for work

————————————————————————Okay so here is Julia's outfit for work