- Chapter Thirty Four -

Julia moved into the house and my jaw clenched when she went towards the bedroom.

Listen, this is very messy, she's in a relationship, we are secretly in a relationship and me and Sara were never supposed to happen... even though I had thought about it on more than one occasion.

She smiles and places the bag on my bed, I noticed a forest green fabric poking out. It was stunning.

"You're going to love it! I know it!" Julia pulled me out of my thoughts. "You'll look amazing with it on, love."

I look at her blankly for a second, "sorry what?"

"I said you're going to love the dress," she smiled and placed a kiss against my forehead. When she pulled away I felt a sharp pain where she had placed the kiss. "You'll look absolutely amazing in it, my love." Her hand intertwines with mine and the guilt subsided as I melt into her touch.

I need to savour these moments every chance I get. The pain will pass, the guilt will pass. All of this will pass and I will look back on all this and laugh at how silly and pathetic we all were.

I miss her so much even though she's in front of me. I miss the Julia from before the party. I'm tired of seeing news articles of my girlfriend with someone else. It's like taste of their own medicine but I'm just cheating.

"I can't wait, Julia." I sigh out and she quickly checks her watch. "You have to go?" I say painfully.

"Yeah, my mother doesn't know I'm here."

"You live in like some dystopian world, completely different from us." I've got my ghost back, I know she's okay and she's mine.

"It's awful, Eden. All I want is to spend all day with you, but I'm not able to anymore." She pulls me against her chest, hugging me. "It's horrible, I'm a grown woman being treated like a child."

I frown and watch as she shifts closer, her lips growing closer to mine and I hear a slight shuffle in the closet next to me, I glimpse over and see nothing out of the ordinary so I let myself give into Julia.

Until her phone goes off.

She gives me an apologetic look before she pecks my forehead and leaves my place. I look at the dress shaped bag laid out on my bed as Sara stumbles out of the closet. She stands next to me, her hand resting on my waist as she tilts her head, placing a kiss on my shoulder.

I turn to face her as her hand tangled through my hair, her lips press against mines and I let her kiss me.

I push her back and smile wide, "You're such a dumb ass, why did you think alcohol was a good idea after our kiss a few days ago?"

"Well I'm sorry we didn't do anything the first time we blacked out together, I just assumed the same would happen!"

"Uh huh," I smile and she rolls her eyes before kissing me again, "You're her best friend." I frown slightly.

"And you're her girlfriend... we're both morally wrong here." She chuckled and I move away, pulling clothes onto my body.

"Well I didn't plan on this."

"Me neither... she'll never get to know."

"She'll never find out." I smile up at Sara, "One night isn't the worst."

She laughed and pressed kisses down my jaw, to my neck and travelled her way down. I let my head tilt back and my eyes shut as I let her do what she wanted to me.

That one night became a couple more, and a couple more became almost a week.

"Can you grab some more deodorant while you're out?" I ask Sara and she chuckles before kissing my forehead.

"Yup, you'll have to pay me back for it though," She pulled on her clothes and I watched without shame.

"Pay you back with my sweet ass?"

"I was thinking some Mcdonald's," she smiled and I rolled my eyes before getting up off my bed.

It had been about a week since Julia visited last, this had all become too much. Not seeing her I felt like we couldn't keep up any relationship.

It didn't help Sara and I were helping each other in the worst way. But after this week we won't talk about it until she disappears for weeks on end again.

We had grown close over the absence of Julia. I like to call the timeline BJ and AJ (before Julia and after Julia).

I missed her every day.

At least I had the temporary comfort of Sara. She was well aware I didn't share the same feelings back for her but she was just happy to have me.

"Let's go then." She grabs my house keys and we push out into the real world.

——————————————————————