- Chapter Eighteen -

"Okay so," I glance down at her schedule that I had neglected to update because, ahem, I had to kick a bitch out. "We have some open slots for you to check up on the new case department on floor... seven."

Sweat escaped my hands as her eyes burned holes through me.

"Cool." Seriously?

"Then we have the lunch break-"

"Come for lunch with me."

"Uhm? Sure?" Should I? I don't know. I never know with her to be fair. 

It's been a few days since the whole... Sam incident. 

"After lunch you have a doctor visit." I look up at her and watch as she shifts in her seat. She's obviously uncomfortable with doctors. "I'll go with you." She's just going to have to put up with me.

"Well then, let's go to the case floor." She ignores me and moves out of the room. Fine then huffy pants.

"Hey sweetie!" A tall woman with jet black hair placed a kiss on Julia's cheek and took Julia's hand wrapping it around her waist.

I look away quickly. There's no way I'm jealous. I'm not jealous. I just really want Julia to not be in contact with her. Or even next to her, or even in the same building as her.

"Hi Cathy." It sounded as if there was a hint of annoyance. As if she had strained her voice. I'm overthinking, aren't I?

"Oh, who is she?" Cathy said looking to me. I could tell she was a diva just from the venom leaking from her words. Some girls just regress after high school. 

"This is my personal assistant, Eden." Yeah that's right bitch, I'm the assistant.

"Hi." I squeak and she rolls her eyes before she moves towards the massive seating area. This place was like a massive library but with every case we've ever handled.

"Anyways, here are the newest cases. We have contracts with some high end fashion designers so it's a win win for us as a company since we'll garner attraction which means we get more clients because I know  we will win this case."

Julia nods thoughtfully. I'm staring at all the gorgeous marble statues scattered around as if we were in a museum. They all seem like gods from what I could see. The large dark brown wood contrasted with the cream walls and black and white marbled floors.

"What about our more serious cases?" Julia questions, "we need to enforce that we're not to be taken lightly." I begin taking notes.

"Uh, we haven't been told anything about these more serious cases, but we'll definitely get in contact."

"Eden?" Julia turns to me and smiled gently, placing her hand on my elbow, "could you make sure we have a meeting with the head of each floor in the company so we can try and push that, please?"

"Yeah, of course." I smile back and pull my phone out, typing out the request on my notes app.

"Right well, we are going to walk about and then go for lunch. Good luck, Cathy." Julia says quickly and takes my arm, moving me with her. "She doesn't know boundaries are a thing," Julia rolls her eyes when we were away from the girl.

"Hmm, sounds familiar." I sigh out and she looks at me with an eyebrow raised.

We walked around and talked. Julia told me about the stories and outcomes. Levin stopped by and I introduced the two. I found out he worked on this floor. Which meant Cathy must be his boss. 

We, finally, left for lunch and the car ride was silent until Julia growled quietly. "Are you vegan? Vegetarian?"

"Uh no."

"Cool, cool. So do you want to get McDonald's or do you want to stop by a great diner I know?" She scrolls through her phone and I look out the window.

"Let's go for a diner."

"Awesome. Barney, my dear please take us to Jenny's."

"Who's Jenny?" I question.

"It's only the best diner in the world. I have tried food from all over the world but Jenny's has the single best fudge cake in the world." Her eyes lit up as she recalled the sweet treat.

I chuckle lightly at her excitement.

Stop it Julia. Stop making that fuzzy feeling grow.

We got to the diner and sat down. A tall blonde walked out, a confident swagger encompassed her. "Hey, my name is Donna." She had a thick southern accent and I immediately fell in love.

Southern diner ladies have my heart.

"Hey, could I please just have the chocolate fudge cake and lemonade." Julia said politely.

"And for you?" She pointed at me with the butt of her pen.

"Can I get a regular burger with a coke please." I look up to her and flash her my most charming smile. She reciprocates and moves into the kitchen.

We sat in silence sipping on the water we were given and I felt her foot skim my leg. I look up to her quickly and noticed a small smirk pulling at her lips.

Fight fire with fire.

I do the same, my leg caught between hers. We sat on opposite ends of the table but we were still close enough that our knees were almost touching.

Her stare was strong and I felt myself heating up, I had to avert my gaze and take a sip of water.

It felt freeing but at the same time- I just broke up with someone that I thought I was going to be with for longer. I shouldn't be moving on this quickly.

But I am and I do want to enjoy this feeling.

He cheated on me- I at least stopped myself when I was tempted. Except for the time Julia and I shared a kiss but that wasn't really me it was more her and her emotions and Sam and I weren't serious at all. But I'm not complaining, it was very nice. The main offender was that I wanted it to happen. I anticipated it.

The food is placed into the table and we dig in. How does she eat so perfectly and how do I eat so messily.

"Here you have ketchup on your chin-" Julia's thumb brushed against my chin and I almost pasta-way when she licked it off of her finger. It's really cliche but it doesn't mean it's not hot.

She glanced to the clock and leaned back, scrunching up her napkin and throwing it on the plate. I look as well and sigh out.

"We should finish up soon if we're going to be on time for your appointment."

"You really don't have to go with me-"

"I'm going with you. You obviously don't want to go alone so I'm going."

"Alright then."

———————————————————————