- Chapter Six -

"You look hot." Sam smiles as I twirl for him. A laugh escapes passed my lips as his arms engulf me and pull me down to my bed. "Stunning, 10/10."

I grin at him as he kisses my nose. "How sweet of you."

I had him stay the night after taking me on another couple dates. It's been two weeks, we're kinda dating? Trying things out. Testing the waters. I like him. I really like him.

He can be a distraction to my infatuation with a certain ghost that's been plaguing my dreams for the past two weeks.

"Alright, I've got to go to work- but I can come over after you finish and we can celebrate your first day." I nod and pull him in for a kiss.

"Bye," I hum out and let go of him and watch him leave my room, before hearing the door click shut. I sigh out and look up at the ceiling.

I am really nervous about seeing her again. I feel bad about thinking about her when the guy I'm seeing just left. I mean we've, you know, done the deed. It was good he was great I just- I can't stop thinking about her.

Am I overthinking? I'm overthinking.

I think about what if it was her touching me instead of him- I very much like him but she... now she was addicting. Julia was like a new kind of high and I hadn't seen her in two weeks.

She was a drug and he was my anchor.

I sigh out and get up to eat something before leaving.

I felt like a cool seventies chick with these sleeves. Damn man, they are flow-y.

Stop stalling.
I'm not stalling.
Yes you are.

"Okay." I sigh out and message Audrey.

Me: are you coming over later? Me and Sam are gonna celebrate.
Rey: i'm not sure Evan will babysit Liv tonight but i'll ask my dad.

I do feel bad for Audrey, having to take care of a two year old is rough. She is an amazing mom, though.

I put everything to the back of my mind and make my way out of the door, taking in the sun seeping into my pores. The trees scattered about swaying gently, their leaves rustling singing a fall song as they slowly moved into deep reds.

I take the bus to the glass building and bounce in smiling at the people in business attire move about. Should I be wearing something more formal?

"Hey, I'm so glad you got the- wow." The woman at the front desk looked at my outfit. "You are looking stunning, wow." She smiles at me before handing me a folder, "my name is Olivia." She had jet black hair and clear skin. She always had a cheery smile.

I nod and thank Olivia before making my way to the elevator. I sigh out as I reach the door to her office and knock. To my surprise a guy with dyed black hair opens the door and scans my body with his eyes.

"Can I help you?" He says in confusion.

"Uhm, I- this isn't Julia's office?" He shakes his head chuckling.

"No hers is top floor- she must've used mine while I was off. I'm Eugene." He's hot. Why is everyone in this fucking building hot? Jesus Christ.

"Eden." I say and apologize, making my way back to the elevator. What a way to introduce myself.

I tap my heels off the ground, wearing the same ones from my interview. I bite my lip and clutch the folder closer to my chest as I watched the numbers grow higher.

Eleventh floor.

"You're late." Julia smiled, standing in front of me as the elevator doors opened.

"You changed offices." I shot back.