- Chapter Sixteen -

I stare in shock at him. "In my own fucking house?" I just stood there. What else could I do? He took me on a date literally last night.

"Wait this isn't his apartment?" The other girl's whiny voice pierced my ears.

"Babe, I swear it's not-"

"Your dick was inside her so I mean, yeah I think it is." I tried to charm my way out of it to keep myself from having a meltdown and it was just working. "I trusted you. Audrey warned me but I didn't want to be a crazy girl who was just possessive over a guy that was never hers! But you come in my home and ruin my trust?!" I yell at him. 

"I mean you're acting kinda crazy right now," the blonde quips.

"Pipe it down Rachel Berry." I roll my eyes and watch her slump down. "Now pack your shit. When I'm back I don't want you to be here." I unclip the necklace he gave me from my neck and threw it at him for special effect.

"Eden, I'm sorry." Audrey soothes me.

"I'm going on a walk." I mutter out. I sigh shakily and make my way out my front door.

I walk until my legs give out on me next to some brick apartments. It was dark, this was so dumb. Why would he do that? I wasn't good enough? I really hoped he would prove me wrong?

Breaking down into sobs I hear someone clear their throat. I look up to see a guy staring down at me.

"You wanna come home with me pretty girl?" I furrow my brows.

"No?" I say as if it was obvious that I didn't want to go with him. He moves down and picks me up.

Start freaking out. Go crazy.

"Stop resisting. I won't hesitate to hurt you." Who talks like that nowadays?

I start thrashing about thinking he wasn't serious, but he drops me to the ground where I clench my eyes shut as pain echoes through my skull.

I just keep my eyes shut as he picks me up by my shoulders. My back is to his front as adrenaline rushes through me from the pain and I bring my elbow to his nose hard enough to hear a crack. His eyes water and he stumbles over, giving me enough time to run away. Some voices grow closer as I kept running.

Once I know I'm safe enough I stop running, wipe my eyes from my tears and take a deep breath as a sharp pain stabs through me. "Fuck." I mutter and slump down against a wall again.

I hate to admit it but I look at her number before grunting and I called Audrey. "You were right. I wasn't good enough for him." I sobbed into the phone.

"Oh no, I am so sorry. I got him to pack his stuff up so he should be leaving when you get back. Me and Liv will come over and bring ice cream and we can watch some movies together. I'll be back over in twenty!"

I smile and clutch my stomach, tears stinging at my eyes. I hung up the call and tried to get my breathing to normal. Painkillers will help.

I walk about the busy streets for a few more minutes before I start moving back to my apartment and stop before going into the building. I see Sam stumble out with his bag.

If he's left anything there I will be burning it.

I walk to my apartment and glance at him before moving in.

I stare at the missed calls from Julia. I can't pick them up yet. But I can. I bite my lip before jumping slightly at my phone buzzing in my hand. I reluctantly pick it up.

"I messed up, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you, I shouldn't have told you how I feel. You have a boyfriend I should've respected that-"

"He cheated on me." I say, weakly and hear silence on the other line.

"Oh..." she says quietly. "Why? You seemed really happy with him?" That was it.

The waterworks started back up and I sobbed again.

"I guess I just wasn't good enough for him to wait a couple weeks." I cry. I can just imagine her smug face right now.

But she wasn't laughing at me. She just sat there silently. "Can I come over?" She says quietly.

I shake my head forgetting it was a call. "No, Audrey and her daughter are coming over."

"Do you want the day off tomorrow?"

I cry out. "Why are you being nice to me?! All I've done is annoy you!"

"Because I like you!" She says exasperated. We both go silent. "Love, I was being obvious."

"I thought you were just playing with me." I say small. The door went and I got up, looking into the peep hole seeing Audrey. "I'm sorry Julia, I've got to go. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

I open the door with a half smile and Audrey notices the cuts and bruising on my shoulder and leg.

"You should see the other guy," I joked and she just enveloped me into a hug. I whimper in pain and she adjusts her arms. "He's got a beautiful case of a broken nose."

"How did the world have to target you today?" She sighed out and I shrugged.

"Meh, could be dead right now, perks of having a military dad?" I joke more and watch as she rolls her eyes, bringing Liv inside and placing her on the counter. 

She moves over to my sink and grabs a small glass, filling it and pulled some painkillers from one of my cupboards.

"Here take these and they should help." She smiled at me, giving them to me.

"Thanks." I mutter and watch as she pulls out ice cream. Liv extends her little arms out to me and I take her in my arms trying to ignore the pain flowing through my body.

I put her down on the couch and I grab myself some ice cream. Liv cuddles into me and Audrey soothes me.

This sucks. It doesn't make sense. All I know now is that my family were there for me. And that was enough for me.

———————————————————————
Thought I should give her some dramatic MC moment.