- Chapter Four -

The office is really nice- I don't know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't as nice as this.

I sit down and take off my coat as a whiff of cinnamon caught my senses. This is heavenly. 

This is nerve wracking, what if she doesn't like me? Is she attractive? Will she find me attractive? Why does that matter? Why am I thinking about this right now?

It intrigues me. I think that was what pulled me to want to work here. The idea for working so closely with someone important. Even though I didn't know a lot about her or consume her media at all. Lawyers are scary. But if I ever kill anyone or rob a bank or something I'll be sorted.

The door on the other side of the room opened, the next few seconds moved in slow motion and my eyes widened as the ghost from last night walked through the door.

She looks up as she takes a sip of coffee from the mug in her hands. Her face imitates mine as she chokes on her drink, almost spitting it out in shock.

"Oh my god!" She muttered, her hand moving to cover her mouth and she walked back out. "Give me the list please." I continued to hear muffled voices outside.

I sit in the chair staring in front of me not knowing what to do. She could deny me this opportunity. Then what do I do? I won't have a job. The search was difficult enough.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before?"

"I get that a lot."

The pieces fit together and I felt so dumb for not realizing. Julia Manuel. CEO of The Manuel Law Firm. Her parents started this business back in the eighties.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as she walked back in. She cleared her throat and sat on the desk.

Everything she did, she did with grace and elegance. Her firm stare made my face heat up as images from last night burned in my mind.

"Didn't know we'd be meeting again so soon." She chuckled and I could barely crack a smile. I don't know how she can be funny, I'm going to lose the job that I haven't even got yet.

"I honestly thought you were a ghost. I thought you were a dream." I tried hiding my embarrassment with a smile and faking some confidence.

She cleared her throat.

"I could ask you why you were at that party last night, but I am also guilty here." She smiles at me and I could feel a heat engulf my face. Every word dripped from her mouth in a way that pleased my brain. "Anyways, I'm allowed to have fun. No matter how old I am." She leaned closer to me and my breath hitched. Not even trying to hide her amusement.

"Old? I thought you were my age." I averted my gaze and tried not to stare at her cleavage that was right in my view. I felt the familiar warmth in my stomach grow as images pushed their way back into my imagination.

"God no! I'm only twenty-nine and I'm not even close to being mature enough for this, never mind your age. I don't know if I count as about your age but I was shocked to find out you were relatively young." She bit her lip and cocked an eyebrow. "I'd think this was your first job but your resume is rather impressive." 

"I was the main income for my family before I moved out." I nervously chuckle and hope she didn't bring up last night... well the events of last night- last night had already been brought up. Panic grew in me. I'm not going to get the job now, am I?