crazy

"hold on. i have to go get my homework." you told ayame. "ill meet you in class." she nodded and walked up the stairs while you went to go look for atsumu.

you took your phone out and started texting him. when you sent a text to him, a text from him showed up on your screen.

y/n: where are you

atsumu: where r u

atsumu: i asked first

atsumu: oh fuck no i didn't

y/n: i need my homework

atsumu: come down the the schoolyard

y/n: are you gonna murder me

atsumu: maybe

y/n: cool

you were texting him while walking downstairs and didn't see the same four guys from the other day walking behind you.

atsumu: are u here yet

y/n: almost

"y/n!" your phone flew out of your hands out of surprise and you caught it before it could fall.

the voice came from behind you and you turned around to see four guys towering over you. "uh. hi?"

"we were wo-"

"hey! y/n!" you turned around back to a more familiar voice.

you regret turning around

there were roses scattered all over the blacktop in the front of the school in the shape of a heart.

atsumu was standing in the middle with a largest bouquet of flowers youve ever seen.

both volleyball teams were standing in the front of the crowd, watching. suna was recording the whole thing while osamu was next to him, laughing behind his hand.

"l/n y/n will you be my girlfriend?" atsumu shouted when he saw you, his eyes moving over to look at the guys behind you.

i hate you

"yes." you made it sound as believable as possible. he gestured for you to come over to him and you slowly made your way over.

he handed you the flowers and wrapped an arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him. "if you're gonna punch me wait until we're not in front of a crowd." he whispered into your ear.

you nodded and turned away from everyone staring at you. "what's going on out here?" you looked over your shoulder to see the principal walking out.

"just escaping the single life." atsumu said and pressed a kiss on the top of your head.

you wanted to wipe his kiss off your head

"by making a mess of the schoolyard and interrupting class?" she crossed her arms. "detention to you miya and clean this all up before you leave. l/n get to class."

everyone spilt up like the red sea so the principal to walk back into the school and started to scatter.

there were a mix of reactions. some girls were mad that atsumu was taken, some guys were mad that you were taken, and some people didn't care or just said you guys were cute.

"i hated that." you said and pushed his arm off your waist.

"i could see that clear on your face." he chuckled and sighed. "help me clean up?"

"nope."

"osamu my bag and your work." you walked over to osamu and he handed the worksheet to you.

"he's crazy." osamu shook his head. you looked back at atsumu who was picking up each rose with a small smile on his face.

"i guess so." you put the flowers inside your locker and headed off the class.

"so you're keeping the flowers?" atsumu asked at the end of the day while you guys walked back home.

the twins lived two streets away from you so he suggested to walk home together. "i'm not gonna waste perfectly good and pretty flowers." you said and pushed him arm off.

"do you want these too then?" he asked and held out the roses that were on the flower earlier. "if you don't i'll just give them to my mom."

"go give them to your mom." you said as he walked you to the front of your house.

"can I come in?" he asked.

"no." you answered quickly.

"okay." his voice had a slightest bit of suspicion in it, but he let it go. "see you tomorrow."

"hopefully not." you said when you turned around. you opened the front door and turned on the lights. "i'm home!"

"kitchen!"

"hi grandma." you kissed her cheek and held out the bouquet in your hand.

"oh! those are pretty!" she said and went to get a vase for them. "where did you get those?"

"someone from school got them for me." you said and filled the vase up with water for her.

she gasped. "someone gave them to you? who? a boy? or a girl? i wont mind either one."

"it's not like that." you said. "just a friend?"

"honey that sounded like a question you're asking yourself." she said and untied the string and paper holding the bouquet together.

"it's a bit complicated."

"tell me."

"well, there's this guy who offered to be my fake boyfriend so we could get people off our back. so i'm fake dating him now." you explained. "we're not really friends since we've hated each other's presence for two years now."

"does he live near us? i could know his parents."

"he does."

"ooh, is he the redhead that skates? or the short blond one that swims?" she started naming every guy who lives near us. "the twins?" the look on your face must've shown some sort of expression. "it's the twins isn't it?"

"yeah."

"which one? blond or grey hair? or both?" your grandma was more into this whole fake dating thing than you were. "it's okay to choose both you know. living that life sounds like fun."

"oh god. grandma I don't even want one of them, but it's the blond one. atsumu."

"i've talked to their mother quite a few times. lovely boys really."

lovely boys?

"are you sure lovely is the right word?" you asked. "they sure don't act lovely." well osamu might, but not atsumu.

"yes. or maybe they're that type of people who are only lovely in the presence of adults."

"let's go with the second one."

"agreed."