together

"do you want me to stop by and pick up atsumu?" your mother asked when you came down the stairs the next morning.

he hadn't stayed last night even though your mother said it was fine.

"sure." you sent atsumu a text that you were coming in five minutes to get him.

you got into the passenger seat while your mom got in the driver seat. "so when did you finally stop complaining about atsumu?"

"a while ago." you answered.

your mother was now highly interested. "who fell first?" she pulled up to atsumu's house and parked in front of it.

"like fell fell?" you lifted up your leg. "if you mean that physical then me."

your mother let out a loose laugh at your statement and lightly shoved you. "go get your boyfriend."

"on it." you opened your door and made your way to the front door of the house. you rang the doorbell and osamu answered it.

"hey."

"hi."

"he'll be down in a bit." osamu said and peeled a banana. "break rule three yet?"

"that's not for you to know." you replied.

"you're right. atsumu would've given it away. did you know he nearly fell down the stairs the night he came back after the kiss? he'll probably accidentally burn the house down if you two did the deed."

"stop it." atsumu slapped the back of osamu's head and wrapped his arm around you. "hi." he pressed a kiss on the top of your head.

"and that's my cue." osamu turned around and left.

"ready to go?" he asked and you nodded.

he opened the door for you and you decided to sit in the backseat with him. "good morning." he greeted your mom.

"good morning atsumu." she started driving when you two were in the car.

she started off a small conversation with atsumu and you looked over his outfit. a simple t-shirt, jeans, and jacket.

you were gonna steal the jacket later

atsumu was holding your hand and playing with your fingers again.

the both of you were too stubborn to sit in the middle seat so your hands were intertwined in the middle. atsumu was leaning against his door and you were leaning on the middle compartment that popped out.

when you got to the hospital atsumu pulled you over to his side and dragged you out of the car. your mom went to park the car so you two walked in first. "you should've stayed over last night." you said when you got into the elevator.

"I should've," he agreed. "you should've locked the door and made me stay. what's wrong with you?"

"and this is suddenly my fault?" you asked, a small smile threatening to appear on your face.

"yes. we missed out on breaking rule three so the best you could've given me was a cuddle session in return." he said and pressed the button.

"well I asked you to stay and you said no," you shrugged and leaned on the handlebar in the elevator. "not my fault."

"you should've begged me."

"I am not begging you for anything."

"what about for my di-"

"keep it pg, miya. there are children in this hospital somewhere." you slapped your hand over his mouth to keep him from finishing his sentence.

"but not in this elevator."

the doors opened and you left, leaving atsumu inside. "taking the elevator is so much better than taking the stairs. I should've just spared the extra couple seconds and taken the elevator yesterday."

"yeah why didn't you? you really come up with the better ideas after they happen." you said and opened the door to your grandma's room. there was a doctor in there.

"l/n?" he asked.

"yes." you answered.

"is your mom or dad around?"

"my mom's coming up in a few minutes," you told him. "is something wrong?"

"I need to talk to her about a few things," he replied. "excuse me." you turned around and saw your mom walking into the room.

the doctor spoke to her and they went out into the hallway. "what's going on?" atsumu asked and looked back at the now-closed door.

"I have no idea." you looked down at your grandma and saw she was sleeping. her chest was moving up and down and she changed her position every so often.

"I'm sure it's fine." he said and sat down on the chair, pulling the other one next to him. you sat down next to him and leaned your head on his shoulder.

atsumu wrapped one arm around you and lifted your head up. "grams is strong. she can handle whatever is happening." he said and kissed you. "she's gonna be alright." he pulled away but kept his arm around you.

"alright." you nodded and looked up when the adults came back into the room.

"she's going to be fine." your mother said when she saw your face. "why don't you and atsumu go enjoy your day while I fill out paperwork. I'll be home later."

"yeah, let's go sunshine. you're gonna have fun today." he stood up and pulled you out of the room.

"can't wait."

"don't be sarcastic."

"my bad."

what you didn't expect was for him to bring you to the waterfall you took him to weeks ago. "

"you remember this place?" you asked.

"of course. you said you would jump off the rope last time we came here so I'm here to see you do that." he sat down on the swing and patted his lap.

"what if the swing breaks?" you asked.

"then we fall together. like we always do."

"what do you mean by that?" you walked up to him and wrapped your arms around his neck. he pulled you into his lap and you wrapped your legs around his waist.

"we broke two rules causing us to admit our feelings for each other together. you did shit to your ankle? I spend time carrying you everywhere, causing us both to travel slower than usual, but we were together." he explained.

"who knew you could say deep stuff like this." you teased and kissed his cheek.

"everything something goes wrong we're always together." he continued. "I'll be here for you through everything whether you like it or not. you're stuck with me."

"I'm stuck with you." you repeated.

"stuck with me," he nodded. "I'm too far in to let go of you now."