mean

"i can't believe you just left me." you said. once again you were on his back.

"did you see that thing?" atsumu asked and turned his head to you.

"didn't mean you had to leave me behind."

atsumu came back for you after you made sure the animal was gone. then you swung your backpack at him.

"sorry." he said.

"are you really?"

"nope."

"i would like to file a break up for our fake relationship please."

"so we can turn it into a real one?" he grinned and you looked at him.

"not after you just left me." you said. "how do i know you're not gonna go and leave me again?"

"i'm hurt. you think i would do that?"

"you just did literally ten minutes ago." you reminded him.

"but i came back didnt i?"

"after freaking out for five minutes. it was literally just an alley cat." you scoffed.

"looked like a weird mutant thingie."

"you look like a weird mutant thing." you said, making atsumu turn his head over to you.

"i'm telling your grandma you're being mean."

"ill tell your mom you left me."

"i'll tell your grandma first. look we're already here." he nodded towards your house.

"not if i say that you left me alone with a wild animal by myself while i'm injured." you tapped his shoulder so you could get off his back.

atsumu crouched and he lowered your injured foot before the other one. you unlocked the door and walked inside.

"hello?" you called out.

"kitchen!" your grandma called out.

you looked back at atsumu and he looked down at you. "three second head start." he said and you didn't think twice.

"grandma!" you rushed to the kitchen while trying not to fall on your face.

"your granddaughter called me a mutant!" atsumu was already behind me.

"he left me by myself with an animal he thought was a mutant!" you shoved him aside and sat down in the kitchen chair.

"she was being mean to me!"

"he left me!"

"so it was a normal day." your grandma nodded and went back to making her pie.

"eh.." atsumu started and youe looked up at him from where you were sitting. "she kissed me and then confessed her love to me."

"i think it was the other way around."

"no, i think i got it right."

"but you were the one who kissed me first." you said, referring back to last night.

"you were the one who confessed your feelings first." he pointed out and patted the paper in his pocket.

"after you forced it out of me."

"what?" you both looked over your grandma and saw her looking at you two with an apple in her hand. "is it official yet?" 

"she won't let me." atsumu pouted. 

"i never said i didn't let you." you shook your head. "i was trying to make sure you wouldn't leave me again." 

"what if you're the one who leaves me." 

"that's hilarious." you crossed your legs and atsumu leaned against the wall next to you. 

"im not serving this pie unless you two are official." your grandma said and continued cutting the apples. 

"give us a second." atsumu grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the kitchen and into the living room. "okay hold off being stubborn for a second." 

"fine." 

"l/n y-" 

"just get to the question." you cut him off. 

"killing my spirit here, sunshine." he sighed. "anyway, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. "for real this time." 

"no thanks." atsumu stared at you. "I'm not joking." 

"you're joking." he said and stepped forwards, trapping you between him and couch. 

"what if im not?" 

"i know you are." he pressed his lips on your jaw and placed his hands above yours. "admit it and we can go eat." 

"do i get anything out of it?" you asked. 

"me as your boyfriend." 

"sounds boring." you said and slipped your hands out from under atsumu's and threw them over his shoulders. 

"boring?" he asked and leaned back a little. "i can go drop you in a lake and you tell me if that's boring." 

"okay and what if there's a strong current that just drowns me? then you'll be responsible for killing me." 

"you're killing me right now." atsumu groaned. 

"good." you pulled him closer and kissed him. 

"you still didn't answer." atsumu said, but kissed you back. 

"i guess i'll have to settle." you sighed and he grinned. 

"i guess you will." 

"stop kissing!" your grandma shouted from the kitchen. "not in my holy living room!" 

"can we move to a different room then?" atsumu asked. 

"no, take it outside after dinner!" 

"i kissed you in your room last night." atsumu whispered to you. "and she knows it." 

"she knows?" you asked and walked to the kitchen. 

"i almost fell down the stairs and she started asking me a bunch of questions and i accidentally answered one about kissing you." atsumu quickly explained. "i didn't mean to, my mind was still a bit slow." 

"because of me." you said and leaned your head back to look at him. 

"yeah sure, let's fill up that ego of yours." he said and sat down next to you. 

"i don't have an ego." you said and placed a hand on his shoulder. "out of us two, you're the one with the ego."

"not me." atsumu shook his head in denial.

"my nickname for you is literally pretty boy." you said. "what more do i have to say?" 

"i call you sunshine and you're very mean to me. not at all happy and bright like the sun." 

"i am to everyone else but you." you leaned back against atsumu and took out your phone. 

"so im the only exception?" he asked and moved his arm so you would be more comfortable.

"suna and osamu too. when they're making fun of me." you added. "but you're everyday." 

"how special."

"you should feel very honored." 

"i don't know if that's a good thing or not." he said and wrapped his arm around your waist. 

"in the middle?" you shrugged. 

"in the middle it is."