tolerable

you were walking down the main stairway of the school and was about to leave. there wasn't volleyball practice today so you were just gonna spend time with your grandma.

"atsumu!" a shriek from behind you made nearly run into the wall. you turned around and saw atsumu and a girl standing there.

is this an appropriate time for a girlfriend to jump in?

you stayed behind and watched the scene and saw nothing wrong with it until she placed a hand on his chest.

"uh, im taken." he said and tried taking her hand off, but she didn't move.

"so? i can be better than her." she said, in what you were guessing was her seductive voice. honestly, it sounds like she just lost her voice and ran a mile at the same time.

"i'm quite happy with where i am with her right now." atsumu said and pushed her hand off his. using the opportunity of his hand on hers, she intertwined their fingers together.

"i can make you happier."

"no, i don't think you can." he said and pulled his hand back. "not unless you annoy the shit out of me, but you're actually annoying the shit out of me. she makes it a bit tolerable."

i'm a bit tolerable, how nice

"i'm honored that you think that." you said and walked up to him. atsumu let out a sigh of relief and tugged your hand so you were in front of him. "hi." you waved your fingers at the girl.

"hey." she nodded, not hiding her dislike for you. her eyes looked up and down your body continuously. "so you're his girlfriend?"

the way she said it. it was almost like she was teasing you. "yup."

"and why don't I believe it?" she smirked and placed her hands on her hips. "there's no way."

"are you so much in denial that you don't want to believe he's dating someone that's not you?" you asked and felt atsumu place his hands on your hips.

"prove it." she demanded.

"prove what?"

"that you're dating."

"and why would we need to prove that to you?" you asked, leaning against atsumu. standing was tiring sometimes.

"because I don't believe it."

"no one asked you to believe it." you shrugged.

"then i'll go tell everyone." she said, getting annoyed.

"and you think they'll believe you over me?" atsumu spoke up for the first time since you got there. you poked his ribs. "over us."

"why wont you just kiss?" she whined.

"why wont you just leave our relationship alone?" you could go on for as long as she wanted.

"you're so infuriating."

"i know." you turned around. "he reminds me everyday." you patted atsumu's chest. "can we leave now?"

"let's go." he went back to his usually pose, one arm over your shoulders. "for once i'm actually glad we're dating."

"sadly the same can't be said about you." you sighed dramatically. "i miss the single life."

"well too bad, you're stuck with me or you can go back to tropical boy."

"tropical boy?" you asked.

"long blond hair dude that's in love with you or some shit." walmart chris hemsworth. "he kinda looks like a surfer to me."