pitiful

"atsumu!" the whole boys team looked at the doors when ayame walked through.

"yeah?" he panting, trying to regain his breath from all the running he just did.

"we have.. issues at our gym and need your help." she said, unsure of what words to use.

"issues?"

"y/n."

"ah, makes sense. i'll be back." atsumu threw the volleyball over to aran before following ayame out. "so what's up with her?"

"you'll see." ayame opened the door to the girls gym to reveal you laying on the floor.

"she dead?"

"nope, ankle." ayame informed and atsumu immediately got concerned.

he walked over to you and crouched down, leaning over you. "hey pretty boy. nice to see you left your practice just to see me."

"sunshine, why are you on the floor?"

"it's comfortable here." you answered.

"so there's nothing wrong with your ankle?"

"nope."

"so can you stand up."

"yup."

"can you walk?"

"yup."

"then how about you show me, yeah?"

"i'd rather stay on the floor."

atsumu looked down to your ankle and then back at you. he slid his arms under your arms and pulled you up.

"up."

you let him drag you up and leaned your body weight on one foot. " i'm up."

"walk."

"no thanks."

"ayame! what's wrong with her?" atsumu called out.

"she fell on her ankle, but at the worst angle possible!" ayame answered while bouncing the ball on the floor.

"so." atsumu leaned forward and grabbed your arm, pulling you forward.

"ow, fuck. you stupid b-" you cursed when that forced you to walk forwards. "completely fine." you recovered and stood back up.

"real nice, let's take acting out of your career choices." atsumu wrapped one of your arms over his shoulders.

"you called us good actors on friday." you reminded him.

"i take that back. i'm the only good actor out of us two." atsumu gave him with you limping behind him and threw you into his back.

"i can walk."

"you looked pitiful." he grunted and leaned down to grab your bag.

"did not." you denied and wrapped your legs around his torso.

"you did."

"did not." you reached over and took your bag from his hands so it would be easier for him.

"what even happened?" he asked while walking to the nurse. he wasn't even sure what the nurse would do to help besides ice.

"i jumped up and then one of the first years jumped up and then she fell onto me and my foot just fell at a weird position." you explained.

"i feel like you should be more upset about this." assume said, looking at your completely neutral face. "nationals aren't that far away."

"it'll hit me some time later." you said and laid the side of your face on his shoulder, looking at his side profile.