8

Tae's POV~

Waking up the next morning I felt a pounding in my head. I groaned as I sat up to see everyone was passed out, including Y/n who was laying with her head on the other end of the couch I was on. I couldn't help but to smile at how peaceful she looked.

I shake the thought and grab my phone, nearly having a heart attack as I see the many texts and calls from Nari. Over one hundred texts and nearly fifty calls. I was dead. She was literally going to kill me.

Not wanting to deal with it, I shut my phone off and lean back into the couch, my eyes landing back on y/n. Her h/c hair was slightly covering her face and she was curled up into a bawl, probably cold from having fallen asleep on the couch with no blanket. I laughed slightly as I took off the jacket I was wearing and draped it over her.

Instantly, she cuddled into it as if it was the warmest thing in the world. Luckily the others had blankets they got from who knows where. I wouldn't doubt that y/n put it over them. She was always putting everyone else before herself. That's just who she was.

"Stare much?" I hear and look up to see Namjoon coming from his bedroom, fully dressed and looking super awake as if he wasn't hung over like the rest of us. "Hey, I get it. I'd stare too." He then laughs as he walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge. I stand up and join him, sitting down at the island.

"How are you not hung over?" I ask, feeling the pounding in my head as the light beamed in through the kitchen window. "Not sure. Pretty happy about it though." Namjoon laughed as he gulped down a water bottle just as fast as he opened it. "How bad was I?" I ask, not being able to recall very much from the previous night. 

Namjoon made a face and I instantly knew it was bad. "Well...After about three mixed drinks you started ranting about Nari and by the sixth you were a sobbing mess." I instantly face palmed. "It's okay, everyone was already wasted by then so no one will remember, besides maybe Y/n." I let out a long sigh.

"She's the one that was trying to talk you off the ledge. She really does care about you. Damn, if only I had met her in second grade instead. Then we could be best friends and she'd care about me like that. I'm jealous." Namjoon said, a frown on his face.

I looked back at y/n who was still sound asleep. I had no doubt in my mind that y/n was trying her best to cheer me up. It's what she always had done. No matter what, she was always there for me.

"So, the reason you're here is because of Nari, right?" Namjoon asked, changing the subject. I nodded. "What happened now?" He asked as he rolled his eyes.

"She was mad because y/n and I were hanging out yet she's constantly hanging with other guys and I say nothing about it. She's such a hypocrite." I scoff, feeling angry as I thought about it again.

"You'd be so much happier if you broke up with her man. I know it's hard but you'd be better off without her." Namjoon says and I know he's right. 99.9% of my problems come from being with Nari so trust me, I know.

"It's just not that simple." I sigh. Namjoon gives me a sad look before standing up straight. "You'll realize your worth one day." He says as he shakes his head. "You just don't deserve this."

I hated when people said this because I had no idea how to respond. I know I deserve better. I know I shouldn't put up with it but when you love someone you want to do everything in your power to make it work, even if it kills you while trying.

That was the thing about love. It isn't just some fairytale. Love isn't all sunshine and rainbows. The truth about love is that it sucks and it's hard. Love is anything but easy. I learned that the hard way.

Before I could reply to Namjoon, another voice breaks the silence. "Oh fuck, you're alive." I look over to see y/n awake, walking towards Namjoon and I with my jacket wrapped tightly around her.

"Good morning sunshine!" Namjoon said, a smile growing from ear to ear. "Morning." Y/n beamed as she leaned against the counter. "How did you sleep?" Namjoon asked, his eyes nearly sparkling.

"A bit uncomfortable but okay." Y/n said then turned towards me. A look of sympathy took over her face. "How are you feeling?" I looked from her to Namjoon then back. "I'm okay." I say and I'm pretty they both knew it was a lie.

Y/n studied my face for a moment before nodding slowly. "How long are you planning on staying here?" She asked and Namjoon chimed in with a "Yeah, how long?"

"I'm not sure, maybe two, three." "Uh, two or three what?" Namjoon asked in which I replied; "Maybe four."

Y/n laughed as she shook her head, catching on to the reference. Namjoon looked between the two of us and made a face I didn't quite understand.

"Well, I better get going. I need to catch up on some work and such." Y/n says as she reaches for her keys that were still placed on the counter top where she had originally set them down.

"Awe okay." Namjoon said as he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her tightly, winking at me as he did so. "I'll see you guys again soon." She laughed as she hugged him back.

When she pulled away she turned to me and smiled. "Thanks for this." She laughed as she slipped off my jacket and handed it back to me. "No problem."

Y/n then proceeded to hug me as well. From the corner of my eye I saw Namjoon making a sad face. He always hated when she had to go. Which honestly, so did I.

"Tell everyone I said bye and it was great seeing them again." Y/n smiled as she headed towards the door. With one last wave, she was gone.

"Damn, I miss her already." Namjoon said as soon as the door shut. I scoffed and tightened my fingers around my jacket, which now smelled slightly of y/n, not that I minded.

"You're hopeless." I say in which Namjoon flips me off and heads towards his bedroom. I let out a breath before I reach for my phone, powering it back on.

Nari had texted another ten times since I had turned my phone off. I wasn't even prepared to deal with this.

Honestly, I was terrified. 

-

A/n: I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!!! Sorry for the days I don't update I've just been working all week long and I'm not off until Saturday.  I'm definitely gonna try to post and write some more that day though since I'll have the free time!! Thank you guys for reading ily! ❤️