28

Tae's pov~

I couldn't bring myself to speak as I stood there in shock, my mind spinning and my heart in my throat.

"Hi." Nari says calmly. The sound of her voice made me feel sick.

"What are you doing here?" I finally manage to get out.

"Can I come in?" She asks, peaking in the door behind me.

Every being in my body was telling me to say no, To tell her to get away from me and to never come back.

"I-" I stopped and stepped aside.

Shutting the door, I spun around to face her. She looked so different now yet exactly the same. Something about the look in her eyes made my stomach turn.

"Why are you here?" I ask again, not having gotten an answer the first time. Her eyes met mine.

"I miss you, Tae. I miss you so much. I'm so sorry for everything that happened between us."

Her words hit me like a ton of bricks. They made me feel queasy.

"I want to get back together. I won't hurt you again, I promise." She continues, taking a step towards me.

I took a step back.

"Baby...come on, please." Nari's voice scratched a nerve in my brain that made me want to scream, cry, and even throw up.

"No. I can't and I won't." I say, my mind instantly going to y/n.

"Why? You've stopped loving me already?" Nari asks, moving forward again. Her eyes were watching me as if she was waiting for me to crack. Waiting for me to give in like I always use to.

She knew exactly how to break me.

"I think you should leave." I say, regretting letting her in in the first place.

"I think you should stop playing hard to get. I know you still love me baby. How could you stop?" She says, her lips curving up into a smirk.

"Get out." I say, hating the sight of her. Hating the words coming out of her mouth.

She didn't say anything as she stepped forward then dropped to her knees in front of me.

"I can make you remember why you loved me so much." She says as she reaches for my belt.

I snapped as I moved back, now furious.

"I'm not playing around with you anymore, get out of my house!" I say, my voice full of anger.

"What is your problem?! I said I was sorry, what more do you want from me?!" Nari says angrily as she stands up.

"I wanted you to love me, dammit! I wanted you to treat me like I mattered and not like I was just there as an option! Fuck Nari I just wanted you to treat me like a boyfriend, like someone you actually cared about. I just wanted you to love me." I say, all of my pent up feelings boiling over.

I could feel the tears burning my eyes as my nails dug into the palms of my hands. I was furious. I was hurt. I was seeing red.

She looks stunned for a second before she speaks again.

"I did love you, Tae. I think you just loved me more then I loved you and that wasn't my fault. You should have been better."

I grit my teeth, feeling the anger coursing through my veins. "Get out of my house. I hate you. I never want to see you again, get that through your head."

I was breaking inside all over again.

Nari scoffed as she headed towards the door.

"Whatever. You don't deserve me anyway." Is the last thing she says before she disappears.

As soon as the door closes I drop to my knees, my head in my hands, beginning to sob.

I hate her. I hate her more then I had ever hated anyone in my life.

All she had ever done was hurt me and I knew all along she never cared. Everything she had said to me was a lie. She never loved me. You don't treat people you love that way.

She's awful, and she always will be.

An hour had passed and all I could think about was what had just happened.

I didn't know what to say to y/n. I felt awful that I had even let her in my house but I couldn't help it.

Something inside me went soft when I saw Nari and I hated that. I felt horrible because of it.

Y/n doesn't deserve this. I'm already going to make her upset and we haven't even been together a whole twenty-four hours yet.

I was pacing back and forth as I waited for y/n to arrive. I had texted her saying I needed to tell her something and to come over when she dropped Jimin off.

I was nervous to see her. I was afraid that after I told her what happened with Nari she wouldn't want to be with me, that she'd want to break up.

I didn't want that. The thought terrified me and made my heart hurt. I didn't want to lose her over something like this.

The sound of a car door shutting made my heart race. A couple seconds later the front door opened and a lump formed in my throat as y/n walked in.

"What's wrong?" she asked instantly and I suddenly felt myself breaking down again, sobs escaping my mouth before words did.

"Tae, what happened? What's the matter?" She asked, joining my side and throwing her arms around me.

"Please don't leave me." I say through my tears. I know I was overreacting but at the same time, my mind was telling me the worst.

What if y/n was angry with the fact that I let Nari in? What if she decided she can't do this anymore because of it? My mind was racing with horrible thoughts of what ifs.

"Why would I leave you? Tae what happened? What caused this suddenly?" She asks, her words laced with concern.

I looked up at her through my tears. "Nari came over and wanted to talk." Y/n pulled back a little, her eyes sad.

"Okay..." she sounded worried.

"I let her in. I'm so sorry." I say, afraid of how she'd react.

She didn't say anything for a moment before she finally spoke. "Why are you so upset? Did something happen that I should be worried about?" She asks.

"No, nothing happened like that. I just feel bad that I let her in. I should have told her to leave right away and I didn't. I just don't want you to hate me because of how I felt when she asked to come in. I didn't say no and I'm scared of why."

The silence killed me as I waited for her to respond. My heart hurt when she sighed.

"Tae..." she started and I looked up, my eyes meeting hers.

"I'm not upset with you. I don't hate you." She finally says and it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my chest.

"You don't?" I ask. "Of course not. You loved her, Tae. Those feelings don't just go away. I understand why you let her in. You don't have to worry, I'm not mad."

Y/n's words made me choke back a sob as I launched myself at her, hugging her as tightly as I could.

"Thank you." I say into her chest. "For what?" She asks softly. "For understanding. For caring about me."

She chuckles softly as she kisses the top of my head.

"You never have to worry about that when you're with me. I'll always care about you Tae, no matter what."

I smiled, realizing that I finally had someone who cared about me, someone who actually wanted what was best for me.

It truly was the best feeling in the world.

——-
A/n::: The writers block I have with this story right now is unreal ugh. I haven't written in days and whenever I try to I just can't. I'm hoping I'll find a little boost of inspiration to get me back into it but as of rn I'm stuck. 😫😫 I have 2 more chapters that are already written but after that I got nothing so let's hope I can get rid of this writer's block asap!!