14

"I'm stuffed!" I said, my stomach so full I thought I would explode. "Good, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I knew you would." Y/n laughed as she proceeded to wash the dinner dishes. "Let me help you, it's the least I can do." I say and Y/n doesn't object.

"I'll wash and you rinse." She says as she starts to scrub one of the plates. I nod as I wait for my turn. "What should we do after this?" Y/n asked, looking over at me for a swift second.

"We could watch a movie if you'd like." I suggest and she instantly agreed. Ever since we were younger we loved watching movies together. It was just one of the things we did and enjoyed.

"Here." She says, handing me a plate. I grab it from her, her hand gently brushing against mine as she did so. Without warning, a flash of warmth overcomes me. I was a bit taken back at my actions that I nearly dropped the plate she had just handed me.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked, looking over at me with a look of concern. "Yeah, I'm okay." I say, shaking off whatever that just was. Without questioning it, I continued to help with the dishes.
_

After we finish up, Y/n excused herself to go wash up and change before we started the movie. I sat down on the couch, skipping through the options as I waited. I found a few things that looked good but I wanted to see what y/n thought.

"Alright, I'm ready." I hear y/n say and I look up and nearly lose my breath. There Y/n was with her hair up, shorts on and a big hoodie that nearly hid the fact that she was even wearing bottoms. Even though she looked completely normal, I felt strange. Not in a bad way but a confusing one.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Y/n asked confused as she sat down next to me on the couch. A little closer then I'd have figured she would. "I uh- nothing, sorry." I say and y/n tilts her head before she giggles slightly. "Okay, weirdo."

She then says, "Let's turn that one on." Then points to the movie on the screen. I nod as I click the play button and lean back into the couch. I couldn't shake this weird feeling I had in my chest. I wasn't sure why I was feeling so weird and I was scared to think more into it.

I was probably just tired. I shook the thought away and focused on the movie. From the corner of my eye, I saw Y/n lay down, making herself comfortable as her eyes stayed glued to the tv screen. I smiled.

Right now, I was happy.
_
As the movie came to an end I noticed that Y/n was on the verge of falling asleep and I knew I was tired as well.

"Alright, we should probably figure out how we're gonna sleep." I say and Y/n sits up, yawning. "Doesn't matter to me." She says, looking over at me with tired eyes. "You can take my bed. I'll sleep out here on the couch." I say but y/n frowns.

"I'm not gonna take your bed. I'll sleep out here." She says. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable." Y/n sighs. "But it's okay for you to be?" Damn. "Why don't we both just sleep on your bed. We use to do it all the time at our sleepovers. It's not a big deal, right?" Y/n then says.

I was a bit stumped. I hadn't laid in bed with anyone other than Nari in nearly two years so I felt a bit weird about it to say the least. "I'll sleep on the floor, really, it's okay." I say.

Y/n looks at me for a moment before shrugging her shoulders. "Alright, whatever you say." She says as she stands up and heads for my room. I follow her in and grab some extra blankets from the closet so I could be comfortable on the floor.

I watched as Y/n crawled up on my bed, burying herself within the covers. "Are you sure you wanna sleep down there?" She asks, peering at me from the small hole in the blanket that wasn't covering her face.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I say and she nods. "Alright, well goodnight." She says, smiling as she turned over. My eyes stayed on her for a second before I continued to make me a little bed on the floor.

Once I was finished I flicked the light off and laid down. Suddenly unable to sleep, I stared up at the ceiling, my head becoming clouded with thoughts. Thoughts of everything. Nari, life, Y/n, everything.

I still wasn't over what happened with Nari. I was hurt and heart broken. As much as I hated her for what she had done, I missed her too. I hate that I miss her but I couldn't help it. She was my everything up until a few days ago, I couldn't just get over that quickly, no matter how badly I wanted to.

Life really had it out for me, huh? Why couldn't I just catch a break? Why was it always one thing after another? Seriously it was never ending. I was just lucky I had Y/n here to help me through it. As crazy as it may sound, she really did save me. Maybe not from Nari specifically but from everything.

She has always been there for me no matter what. She truly is the greatest friend I could have ever asked for. I don't know what I would do without her. I'm forever grateful to have her in my life.

Time and time again, she has saved me.

-

A/n: Sorry for not updating!! I've just been super busy with work and I've had writers block for a good while now so I was trying not to publish the little chapters I did have left already written. Even though I may not be able to post everyday, I do have a few new ideas on things I wanna write for this story so hopefully I'll be able to write some more chapters soon!!