9

"Who are you with?!" Nari's voice boomed as soon as I answered the phone, sixty-three phone calls later. I sucked in a breath as I answered. "I'm over at Namjoon's." I hear Nari let out a long sigh. She was definitely furious. "When are you coming home?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." Was all I said. "Is it just Namjoon there? You're not with girls are you?" Nari asked, her words edged with attitude. "It's just Namjoon." I lie, not wanting to anger her further. I didn't have the energy to deal with that. I didn't have the energy to deal with any of this.

"Why won't you just come home?" Nari then asked, her voice sad almost. I had to stop myself from sighing. She knew exactly why I wasn't coming home, she just wanted me to give in and come back, but I wouldn't.

"Why did you call so much? What is the matter?" I ask, changing the subject so that I didn't have to answer. "You left without saying where you were going, I was worried." Lie. She wasn't worried, she was just making sure I didn't go to y/n's or something.

"Well I'm fine and with Namjoon. You don't have to worry." I say and she huffs on the other side of the phone. "Whatever. Just don't be hanging out with other girls." I couldn't help but to insantly roll my eyes. Oh the hypocrisy. "Okay." I mumbled, wanting the phone call to end. Without any other words, she hangs up.

As soon as I move my phone, Namjoon speaks. "Wow." That's all he said before continuing on with, "She's crazy." Well, at least he was aware of that too. She truly was crazy. She made me feel awful for being around my friends that happened to be girls but she was allowed to be around her guy friends. She was allowed to stay out all night without letting me know where she was but when I did it, she acted as if the world was ending. It made no sense, no sense at all.

Our whole relationship, made no sense.
-
As night time came around and everyone had left, Namjoon and I sat down on the couch, snacks in hand, and turned on a show to watch. It was nice to just relax and not have to deal with the drama. This is how I wanted my life to be. Calm, fun, and relaxing. Anything but stressful or full of arguments and pain. Anything was better then that at this point.

In the midst of watching the show, my phone buzzed. Picking it up, I saw a text from Y/n.

You and Namjoon want company?

I didn't even need to ask Namjoon to know his answer.

We'd love some (:

I hit send, let Namjoon know who got suddenly very excited, and we waited.

It didn't take y/n long to arrive and as soon as she got there, Namjoon was already pulling her towards the couch, making her sit down right beside him. "Little show binge night I take it?" Y/n asked, smiling widely. Namjoon happily nodded as he flung his arm over her shoulder. Y/n didn't say anything, but instead cuddled into his side and began watching the show.

This is what we did for the next who knows how many hours. It was fun, I missed this. I remember back in high school when Namjoon and I would do this every weekend. What was ironic is that sometimes y/n would join us too. So this really was just like old times.

After one of the many episodes ended, y/n stood up and headed towards the kitchen. "Do you guys want anything while I'm up?" She asks and Namjoon asks for a water bottle while I stand up and walk over to her.

"I could have grabbed something for you." Y/n laughs as she grabs Namjoon's water bottle then a bottle for herself. "It's fine." I laugh as I reach for one of the bottles of juice and go to pour myself a glass.

"So, did you end up calling Nari?" Y/n asked as she leaned against the countertop. I nodded as I filled the cup to the brim. "How did that go, if you don't mind me asking?" I looked over at her as I tightened the cap and began walking over to put it away. "Oh you know, as it usually does. Her basically telling me not to have friends." I scoff and y/n lets out one as well.

"She's ridiculous." and I instantly agree. "Well, at least you're here now with us and you don't have to worry about it for a bit." Y/n says as she pats me on the shoulder then heads towards the living room, handing Namjoon his water bottle then sitting back down in her spot.

I smiled at her words as I made my way back to the couch, careful not to spill my drink. "Were you going back home tonight or do you wanna stay over? You could sleep on the other couch since Tae's sleeping here." Namjoon said then quickly added, "Or you could sleep in my bed."

Y/n laughed as she shrugged off the last comment. "I can stay if you guys don't mind. Although I'll probably just crash on the floor. Oddly enough, it's comfier then the couch." Y/n says and Namjoon nodded, just happy that she had agreed to stay. "Yay, it'll be a fun night!" He added, nudging y/n's shoulder then flashing a smile in my direction.

In this moment, I was content. I didn't feel stressed or upset. I felt okay. I felt free and like It was okay to be myself for once. This is how I wanted to feel all the time. I never wanted this feeling to end.