13

Y/n's pov~

For days I had been worried sick about Tae. The last day I saw him was the day everything happened with the text from the unkown number about Nari. I hadn't heard from him since. I was terrified he would do something crazy and that was the last thing I wanted.

I just needed a call, a text, something so that I could know that he was alright. I was going crazy. I had already sent so many texts and called so many times. There was nothing else I could do but show up there. Which, I was highly considering.

My thoughts were interrupted as my phone dinged. My heart launched out of my chest as I dived for my phone, hoping and praying it was a text from Tae. To my surpise, it was. A long one at that.

Tae~ Hey, I'm sorry. My phone was dead and I just now charged it up and bothered to turn it on. I'm okay, kinda. You don't have to worry. I'm sorry I didn't get ahold of you, I've just been trying to process everything and it's been pretty damn hard. I hope you're not upset with me. If anything, I'd appreciate it if you came and stayed with me for a bit. Just till I start feeling a little better of course. You don't have to but It would be really nice to be surrounded with people that care about me and I know you're one of those people. Thank you, y/n, for everythng. I can't thank you enough.

I stared at the text, re reading it over and over again. I felt a sense of relief wash over me as I see that he's okay. I know he's hurting but I was just glad that he didn't do anything irrational.

Without giving it a second thought, I grab some of my things and head over to Tae's place.
_

Tae's pov~

After about ten minutes I still didn't get a response back from y/n. I hope she's not angry at me. I felt upset at the very thought. I didn't need her to hate me too.

A knock at the front door made my heart stop. My first thought was Nari and that scared the hell out of me. I didn't want to see her, I couldn't.

I walked over and looked out the peephole, seeing Y/n standing there. Relieved, I opened the door, coming face to face with my best friend. As soon as she saw me, her eyes started filling with tears as she threw her arms around me in a bone crushing hug.

"I was so worried about you. Don't ever do that again!" She says, her words shaky. I hugged her back, the feeling of her warm embrace making my heart ache. I neeeded this so bad. 

We stood there, hugging each other tightly as both of us sniffled. Her crying, me on the very verge of doing so myself. I had cried so much the past couple of days that I was surpised I even had tears left in me to cry.

When we pulled back y/n looked around the room, her eyes bloodshot. "It looks nice in here." She says and I can't help but to laugh a little. "Thanks, I needed a change." I say and she nods, understanding.

"I'm gonna stay for a week or two, unless you'll need me to stay longer." Y/n says and I smile. "Thank you, it really means a lot to me." And it really did. Y/n was always the one person I knew I could count on when I needed someone or something. She truly is the best. An amazing person and a great friend.

"Of course, anything I can do to get you back to your old happy self." Y/n says, wiping away the tears from her face and smiling. "Now, you must be hungry. Let me make you some food." Y/n says as she heads towards the kitchen.

I watched as she opened the fridge, browsing around for something to make. I didn't care what it was, I'd eat it regardless. I was starving. I hadn't eaten in a couple days and I was willing to eat anything at this point.

"Want me to help?" I ask and instantly y/n denied my offer. "I'll do it. You just go wash up." Y/n says and I say okay, knowing I desperately needed to shower. Without another word, I disappear into the bathroom, leaving y/n with the sound of the clinking pots and pans.
-

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom my nostrils filled with the wonderful scent of whatever it was y/n was cooking. It smelled amazing. All I wanted to do was go eat right now. My stomach growled loudly as I walked towards the kitchen. 

"Foods ready." Y/n smiles widely as she sees me. We both sit down at the kitchen table as Y/n makes me a plate. It was one of my favorites, Japchae and vegetables. Of course with rice and some meat. My stomach growled again in anticipation. 

"Dig in." Y/n grinned and I didn't have to be told twice. I scarfed down the food, nearly moaning out at how wonderful it tasted. It was like heaven in my mouth.

I heard y/n chuckle as I shoveled spoonful after spoonful of food into my mouth. I couldn't help it, I was starving and it was amazing. "I'm glad you like it." y/n smiles as she begins to eat too.

I nod, giving a thumbs up to show my appreciation since I couldn't exactly talk with my mouth full. Y/n got the overall idea though.

As we ate I couldn't help but to feel full, not just with my stomach but with my heart as well. Having y/n here made me feel not so alone and it made me happy. All I needed right now was to be surrounded with people that actually care about me.

That was the best way I could think to keep my mind off of Nari and to keep moving forward to a better life.

I knew that would be posssible as long as I had Y/n by my side.

•••