Wall •Gilbert Blythe•

🧑🏻‍🌾

Y/n POV

"Please tell me you'll consider coming!" Anne says holding onto my hands. She's trying to get me to come to Mary's Easter surprise.

I sigh "I will try to make it Anne." "Yay!" She hugs me and runs back to her horse. "You don't have to, but, if want to help prepare come to my house tomorrow, but if you can't that is okay!" "I might not be able to help but I'll try to come to the party." I give her a sweet smile then she rides off.

Once she's out of ear shot I groan. Trust me I love Mary and I'm very sorry that she is ill and most likely won't get better but when it comes to feelings and stuff I like to lock them up! So if people are crying I won't know what to do.

I walk into My house and is greeted by my little sister Jamie. She just learned how to run without falling right away so she comes over to me. "Y/n!" My mother screams. "Yes mother." "Start making supper I'm starving! Oh and Mrs, Lynn will be taking Jamie tomorrow so give her a bath!" "Yes mother."

My father died two months after Jamie was born my mother has never been the same, she's been more bossy father used to tell her to loosen up a bit, but with his death she's gone mad!

"Hey Jamie wanna help me make dinner?" She nods her head yes, I pick her up and head to the kitchen where I make stew.

"Here you go mother." I go to her room and hand her, her bowl. "Thank you darling." "Mother?" "Yes." "Uhh is it alright with you if I go to a Easter surprise party tomorrow?" "Who's the party for?" "Mrs Mary Lacroix. She is extremely ill and might not make it so they want to make it special." She stares at me for a moment.

"Did you do all your chores?" "Yes." "Did you give your sister a bath?" "Yes." "Homework?" "Done." "I suppose." I hold on my excitement, "thank you mother."

I've realized with all the time I've spent with my mother that if I show excitement or something she will most likely take it away, so I hold in those emotions and they very rarely come out.

Next day

I woke up and made breakfast for everyone, and finished my chores I wanted to make sure I had enough time to get ready.

"Y/n!" My mother yells from her room that she never leaves. "Yes?" "Before you leave take Jamie to Mrs Lynn and on your way back home pick her up!" "Yes mother."

I walk up the stairs and grab out the dress Mary loves,

when I went to the dress shop she was there and she said it looked marvelous and it was in my price rage so I bought it she hasn't seen me wear it yet so it will be a nice surprise

when I went to the dress shop she was there and she said it looked marvelous and it was in my price rage so I bought it she hasn't seen me wear it yet so it will be a nice surprise... I hope.