22

The screaming was brief but continued to run. It could have been Miguel or the missing kids. Her keys and gear shook violently as she ran. She had to get there. No matter what it took she is getting there. To her great inconvenience, only she and Miguel were on duty for the nightguard shift.

She figured it be like one of those days where they inspect everything and hang out for a few hours. But this time kids went missing and now Miguel wasn't answering his walkie-talkie.

She ran past the many glass case collections and past the green rooms. When she was about to reach the workshops the basement. She felt like someone was running into her. Promptly being knocked down and the stranger fell over as well. "Miguel?" She asked with a tone of hopefulness. "Well, I wouldn't say I was as I am a female." Vanessa got up and looked up to see a person in a bunny suit with a big blue bow and red eyes.

Vanessa became uncomfortable and grabbed her flashlight. To possibly use as a weapon. She didn't recall any characters that were rabbits. And certainly not dressed like the strange person did. "Who are you?" Her tone becoming authorative. "How did you get in here?"

The only response given was laughter. Why was she laughing? Was she laughing at her? "Oh Vanessa, you are funny." The bunny person nearly doubled over laughing. "You don't recognize me? Shame. I know you."

Gripping the flashlight tighter she stepped away from the bunny as she noticed that she had one hand behind her back. "Who are you? And how do you know my name?" The bunny person made a tsk tsk sound. "Oh Vanessa, oh poor, pathetic Vanessa. You don't remember huh?" Tilting her head innocently. Her loose ears shifting slightly. Vanessa pondered on what she meant.

"Wow, it really did a number on you huh? Oh well. As much as I love to stick around and chat, I have somewhere to be. Bye!" Vanessa grabbed the stranger's arm and yanked slightly. "I'm sorry but since you are on private property after hours and I know for a fact you are not one of the staff." She glared. Hoping to make herself seem intimidating. But deep within, she was scared.

The bunny person titled their head and made a small snicker. "Oh, so I am coming with you?" Vanessa was beyond concerned and confused. Were they playing with her? But why were they so familiar?

"Y-yes you are. And you need to take that mask off." She stood a little straighter to make herself seem intimidating and prove her point. "Now." The stranger didn't move and stood straight with her hand still behind her back. "No." Her words were not empty of that cheerfulness and had a darker tone to them.

"And why is that? You are not of staff and you are trespassing. Off. Now." Inside Vanessa was shaking. She made the stranger mad and now she's going to get hurt.

"I have my reasons. And now, if you excuse me, I have a job to do."