8

She did what Miguel asked her to. Figured the guy was to be expected to be back on shift for the night. The man was leaned against a wall, his shriveled black hair and slightly dark skin smothered in the rain. Hanging in the only spot to avoid being drenched on. She never really talked to Luis all that much. Something about him made her feel off. Not in a bad way, but there was that gut feeling panging at her. 

She started the conversation with a single "Hey Luis." The man glanced at her and nodded. Taking another puff of the cigarette. Its embers glowing slightly due to the sudden inhale. 

"Miguel told me you would be out here." She states. Luis didn't mind her. Only listening to the rain and having his daily dose of nicotine. Or that's what he hoped to do. "And?" He said annoyed. "Miguel is a big boy, he can close up shop. Ain't that hard."

She grimaced. That's not what he told me-" "He wants me to close up shop because he's afraid of being in the mall in the dark. I don't know why. It's not like anything bad is going to happen." He complains.
_______________________________________

The vests glowed slightly as the room became illuminated by Ultraviolet light. Crouching down to the ground Christian waited as footsteps came closer to his position as he held the laser gun to hit his target.

Christian jumped out and shot the imaginary laser at another player. Cheering in excitement as he finally got somebody without being shot himself yet again. Soon the lights came on and over the head speakers a man's voice crying "Game over man! Game over!" Specifying the end of the level. He ran over to Jake and they laughed in excitement as they were going to prepare for another game when they saw a door that was unlocked. They watched in confusion as a person in a bunny suit came out the door, soaked to the bone with something red staining her outfit. Jake looked at the person with suspicion. Christian looked amused. The person was no taller than his mother. He thought it was some employee dressing up for a kid's birthday party or something someone dared them to wear it in a public place. 

The lights went dark again and the light vests glowed again. The ultraviolet lights giving way to the number of splatters and stains on the suit. Almost in a splatter. The eyes of the bunny head glowed bright red. They figured it to be the bunny man. "What's with the suit?" Christian said in a low whisper. The bunny looked over to them muttering to themselves. Looking up the bunny's grin made them shiver. "Hello there. I found a puppy outside and I don't know what to do with it. Can you help me?" Jake grabbed Christian's arm and pulled him slightly. Giving him a look of worry. 

Christian felt something was wrong but hoped to not show any fear in his expression. "Sorry man, we can't help you." Being as straightforward as possible. Puffing up his chest to seem intimidating. Jake asked nervously. "What's with the suit? Party or something?" The bunny tilted there head to the side. Saying nothing. "Christian we should go. Like now!" 

Before they could turn away the bunny grabbed Christian and Jake by their arms and dragged them to the door. Their screaming and begging were mistaken for the screams of enjoyment from the other players.