4

He finished with Montgomery and went to Chica. "Hey, old girl, how's life treating ya?" He asks the animatronic but obviously, she doesn't respond.
He was about to brush her hair when the basement door opened.

He cursed under his breath. "Came to complain about my performance? Can you not see what I am doing right now?"

"I came to see what you were doing. It's been a while." A woman's voice tells the old man. She had long blonde hair pulled up in a ponytail. And wore a security guard uniform. "I'm just cleaning them up and fixing the paint. Looked a bit dull." The woman smiled. "You treat them as if your children or something."

"Maybe it's because I created them? It's my responsibility to make sure they are up and running and look good doing it." He tells her. Still brushing her hair. "Can you hand me the pink paint? And the glitter? She needs an adjustment to her paint job."

She handed them to him and while he was painting. That strange wheeze sound came again. "I know you don't like it, Chica. But it's for your good." He tells her as if consoling a child.

Crazy old man, she thought. Alone in the basement with them for hours or even days. The wheeze was heard again. She couldn't tell what it was but it sounded as if a machine was letting off steam being shut down.

"What's that sound?" She asks. Looking at his wall of blueprints and reference photos. And a bunch of new paper clippings. "That just her making a fuss. They hate it when they are painted and brushed." "They? You know they aren't alive correct? They are just machines." He glanced at her and muttered. "Wouldn't understand."

He finished Chica and went over to the star himself. "Hey, big fella, ready for your cleaning? And your rebooting?" The machine didn't move. Made that strange wheeze sound like the others did. Strange.

"I'd take that as a yes. You always like being groomed." He patted the bear animatronic's shoulder pad. She walked over to the animatronic and looked up to see his face. His eyes flickered and flinched rapidly. She jumped back with a start.

"He doesn't like that." "W-what?" She asks while trying to steady her breathing. "You scared him. He doesn't like being scared like that. Makes him nervous. As big and tough as he is," He said as he applied blue paint. "He's more of a big softie but I wouldn't be so sure to test his temperament. He's very protective."

"I can see that." The animatronic remained still as he repainted his pattern and fixed his top hat and bow tie. As he finished he grabbed a long cord and connected it to the back of the bear's head. "Ok, ready for your reboot?" He asked it. It's arm joints creaked. "You did it before. You'll be fine. Don't be so dramatic Freddy. One wrong move and you can have a glitch in the system and might be scrapped."

The code appeared on the screen as he was working on something on the computer.

"How long have they been here?" She asks. "Couple of years." He responses.
"Roxanne and Montgomery are new models. Chica and Freddy are based on older ones. Back in the 80s or something. Can't remember. Made by a genius but we all know what ambition and ego can have on oneself in creating their creation's life."

Freddy's eyes glowed as code appeared in his pupils. Or what she assumed were pupils. It lasted a few minutes, then the animatronic stood still and moved on its own. It's joints creaking its eyes turning to its normal blue color. "There ya go, buddy. Good as new. Told you it wouldn't be an issue. Alright, who's up?"