7

She looked at each animatronic as they interacted with the children. She knew nothing would happen but she couldn't get that pang of fear out of her chest. It kept biting at her. She didn't know why. She heard of gut feelings and how they saved some people the trouble but she ignored hers and went on with her job.

Watching children scream in excitement reminded her of how people who worked at Disney land would stand near the Disney characters for a multitude of reasons. Safety at most. But those were people in costumes pretending to be characters from an animated movie. Not animatronics that is hard-wired with God knows what that man programmed them to do.

Maybe that's the reason for the strange feeling she felt. Thinking something would go wrong. But it's high tech machinery, she told herself. Nothing will go wrong right?

After an hour or 2, she was able to take a break. She went back to the security room. Seeing one of her coworkers sitting in the chair whilst a half-eaten burger sat nearby. "Hey, Miguel anything new on the screens?" He turned to her and said no. "I heard you went to go see the Frankenstein mechanic down in the basement storage. How did it go?" She sighed.

She leaned into her chair and said "Pretty weird if you ask me. Believe me or not, I could have sworn he treats them as if they were alive. Almost like they were his children or something."

Miguel laughed and spun in his chair to look at her. "I did tell ya he was creepy, Van." "No, you said he was weird. Not creepy. And you weren't wrong." She shivered slightly remembering how the Glamrock Freddy glitched out on her. It felt that it was somebody she accidentally frightened. But it wasn't human. Wasn't human at all.

"So what did you see down there?" Miguel grabbed his half-eaten burger and eat to her displeasure but told him about the Glamrock gang and the clippings on the mechanic's wall. "The thing jumped when you looked into its face?" She nodded. "Nearly gave me a heart attack, he said that "he" didn't like being spooked or something.

Miguel gave her an odd look. "Spook an animatronic? The hell? That's not even possible. It's just a bunch of wiring and metal parts. How can it be spooked? It's not alive." He argued.

"Tell that to him. He muttered, "wouldn't understand" and I guess he was right." Miguel gave her an odd look and went back to looking at the monitors as well as her. She had a puzzled look on her face when she saw on the monitors a child landing backward into the arms of the Glamrock Freddy. "Miguel?" "Yeah?" "Do you know anything about their programming?" She asks. Watching closely as the animatronic seemed to smile at the boy or something close to it. "Not much, but if I remember correctly they are hardwired to protect kids when in danger or something like that. Or even scan faces for predators. I can't remember, it was a long-ass meeting." 

She watched them interact for a moment before the kid was lost in the crowd and Glamrock Freddy turned its attention to the kids. Protect kids huh? Strange concept but hey, anything is possible these days. "Oh yeah, Van can you go get Luis? I think he's at the loading zone having a smoke."