CHAPTER 10

TORI TOGETHER with Lily was now walking towards the Duke's office. She just freshly gotten up from bed when Butler Johanes came into her room and announced that the Duke called for her. At first, she was nervous that he might find out about her little expeditions. There were only three people who knew it in the estate; the coachman which she gave an ample amount of gold coins, and her two trusted aides, Rowan and Lily. So she immediately dismissed the idea of being found out.

Tori dressed in a peach-colored elegant indoor dress to keep up her facade about her 'changed ways'. The butler knocked on the door before entering, leaving Tori and Lily standing outside.

The door opened and Tori went inside. Butler Johanes excused himself that left the two alone. The Duke stood up from his table and sat in front of her. Duke Luwen Rozenreff was sitting comfortably.

"Good morning, Father!" Tori greeted him sweetly. This new habit of Tori was a refreshing change from the Duke's perspective.

"Have a seat, Victoria."

This man didn't fight for the original Victoria when she got the death sentence. 

He didn't even shed a tear when he visited her in her cell the day before her execution.

This body's heart ached every time I looked at you. This is only a fraction of what your daughter felt when you turned your back on her.

"I called you here to discuss a letter I just received. They addressed it to you, but Johanes gave it to me when he saw the sender."

He handed Tori a letter with a familiar stamp. She immediately looked for the sender and was astonished when she realized who's the sender.

Headmaster Eyzana Valtera of Trifecta Academy

It looks like the original Victoria sent an application for acceptance to the academy. I thought Victoria was supposed to be the stupid one who easily got mad. Wait. This is the time before the plot starts turning. Maybe something made the original Victoria into like that. Is it that wench and her schemes?

"W-what did it say?" Tori was still nervous for a different reason. She didn't know what the original Victoria was thinking by applying to the most prestigious school in the Empire.

"I didn't dare to open it. They still addressed it to you."

Ha, you just wanted me to open it in front of you. Well, then. I'm quite curious about it myself.

Trifecta Academy focuses on three things: Literature and Arts, Archaic and Holy Language, and Economics. The first headmaster of the academy was the smartest philosopher in the Empire and when he died, his son became the new headmaster of the academy. Nobles and aristocrats in the Empire and from other countries came to this school to learn these three things.

But why the hell did the original Victoria apply here? This information is not even in the Netflix Series! They described Victoria Rozenreff as a petty and stupid character who got easily undermined and manipulated by the female lead and the male lead!

"I got an invitation to take the entrance exam," Tori uttered in great shock. She was dumbly staring at the parchment that confirmed the supposed positive news.

"That is good news, Victoria! Why did you apply for the Trifecta Academy?" He was genuinely amazed and in awe of his daughter's achievement.

Trust me, I wanna know too. What were you thinking, Victoria?

Tori tried to remember the scene of the second male lead's flashback. In the Netflix Series, Zeno Mcmillian who's one of the second leads was a top scholar. In the flashback, Zeno prepared a detailed essay about what will he contribute to the Empire should the academy accept him.