CHAPTER 1

THE HALLWAY was buzzing. Talia knew the hallways were always rowdy, but not to this extent. Something must be on with the social gossip. She thought that maybe there was a desirable piece of a man who was transferring; she hoped it was the case.

Social gossip was the portal to know who was in and out. After hard work, Talia ruled her small kingdom named Saint Martin High. She's at the peak of her youth. What more could she ask?

Well, maybe a boyfriend.

She's turning seventeen, but she's still the 'flirt to make out,' not the 'flirt to get laid.'

A blue-eyed brunette came trotting into the classroom. Talia and the newly arrived brunette were a couple of minutes early for class. One thing about Talia was she might rule the entire High School, but she also excelled in academics. She was aiming to be her year's valedictorian. And the one that just came in was her not-so-sincere-so-called-BFF, Gemini. Talia knew that she was a two-faced hypocrite, but they benefited each other, so she let it be.

"What's with the fuss?" Talia asked Gemini since the latter was the fastest gossip informant in their school.

Gemini slumped onto her seat. "Netflix just announced to stop the franchise of my fave series." Her gloomy mood was reflected beneath her crystal blue eyes.

A knot lodged in between her perfectly carved eyebrows. "Which one?"

With her question, Gemini's shrilling voice resonated inside the room as she stood like a mother hen, ready to attack her. "Which one? The series with the gorgeous edible men, Thorny Crown! Jesus, Talia! Do you live in a cave?"

Oh, that one.

"Yeah yeah."

Talia saw that one, but she stopped watching it in Season 5. The story centered on the male leads obsessing about a two-faced female lead who's ambitious enough to covet the throne even when she's a half-blood noble with a commoner's blood from her mother's side. Talia hated the wench since Season 3 when the stupid Victoria, the female lead's half-sister, got executed for a crime planned by the female lead. It was such a twisted story, but it was still a hit worldwide since the main plot has a touch of offensive schemes and harsh politics.

Still, Talia did not care about the story. The final season, the seventh one, was what Gemini was talking about.

Talia placed her chin atop her palm, her elbow resting on her desk. "Why's that?"

"The last book is yet to be released in the market or any publishing house. So when the writer died in the fire accident last week, the book perished along with it."

Talia, who was not familiar with the writing industry, muttered a question under her breath as if she was talking to herself. "Can't any writer create the last book?"

"Of course not! It wouldn't be the same."

Talia inwardly rolled her eyes. The only reason Gemini loved the said series was because of the male leads that were genuinely drool-worthy. She changed the topic to lighten up Gemini's mood.

Wriggling her eyebrows, Talia flipped her hair. "Dion invited the entire cheerleading squad this time. Well, she invited the entire football team first. You coming with me?"

Gemini immediately perked up with the mention of the upcoming frat party. The frat party would be the most prominent event right before homecoming, so everyone wanted to be invited. Unfortunately, the wealthy and picky Dion Lockhart chooses only the best of the best. Anyone asked in the said party would have a boost in social standing for sure. And when anyone was talking about the best of the best, that would mean her – Queen Bee Talia of Saint Martin High.