CHAPTER 19

SERVANTS AND handmaidens were buzzing since the crack of dawn. The chilly breeze of winter did not deter the busy people in the Rozenreff estate. Sabina was in a foul mood since she woke up. Shena's sweet nothings could not quench her temper. Today was the blasted day that the bitch Victoria was born. It was the seventeenth birthday of that bitch and even her handmaidens were excited saved for Shena.

How I wish she was never born by that pathetic Duchess. I should have been the only heir of the Rozernreff Dukedom, but the blasted fate made that bitch! Ugh! And that sore loser Mia had to get caught! Good thing that someone from the prison cell chopped her tongue off or else.

"Have some chamomile tea, Lady Sabina." Shena served her but everything around her was irritating Sabina so she flipped the teacups before her, spilling everything to the floor.

Not feeling any remorse, Sabina just glared at Shena. "You are annoying me, Shena. Did I tell you to talk?"

"Forgive me, Lady Sabina!" Shena was visibly shaking as she was kneeling on the floor while picking the shards of porcelain.

"Then don't talk unless you bring me good news!"

Sabina could only lash out this much without minding her reputation, since Shena was the only one inside the room. Her other handmaidens were outside and were waiting for her orders. Sabina did not have the energy to act happy and saintly in front of those lowly servants this early in the morning.

Shena nodded fearfully. "I-I understand, Lady Sabina."

Huffing and puffing, Sabina walked towards the windows of her room. Carriages from all other households came and went in the Rozenref estate since earlier. Messengers from nobles and aristocratic families went by to send their gift to the heir apparent of the Rozenref Dukedom in which fueled Sabina's rage.

Compared to last year's celebration, there were a lot more carriages this year. The news of Victoria being a young genius became the talk of the capital. It amazed many by how she even became the top passer even with the incident where she almost died two days before the exam.

That's supposed to be my glory!

Sabina was seething, her sapphire eyes blazing with fury. Clenching her fists and gritting her teeth, Sabina closed her curtains forcefully. "Prepare me my dress for the later lunch party."

"How about the gift for Lady Victoria, Lady Sabina?" Shena meant the commissioned embroidered handkerchief with the Rozenreff Duchy's sigil. Sabina would use this item to cause a commotion later, displaying that she had nothing to do with the attempt at poising Victoria.

The rumors circulating in high society were ruining her reputation, and Sabina did not like it one bit. It would ruin her plan to be the next heir of the Rozenreff Dukedom.

"Ready that too. I can't afford to let that dumb bitch be the center of attention anymore. To think that the two princes went to get her that day! Curse her!"

I am the Saintly Sabina of the Rozenreff Duchy! I should put her back in her place! All I need to do is show the high society who is the more favored one. If I show them that by siding with me, they would be at the advantage, then I could be the heir apparent instead of that blasted Victoria.

A sudden knock stopped Sabina from her reverie. "What is it?"

"Lady Sabina, a letter from the Castaña Duchy arrived."

Upon hearing where the letter came from, Sabina immediately lightened up. "Give that to me, hurry."

The whole time that Sabina was opening the letter, she was feeling anxious. Although she made sure that every time she went to the Castaña Duchy's estate, she would do her best to gain the favor of the ducal house. She even made it to the point where she denied her desire for the first prince just to fool Lady Elisa.