CHAPTER 4

"ARE ALL of my dresses packed, Lily?"

"Yes, Lady Victoria. And I have also gathered the maids from this household excluding Lady Sabina's handmaidens."

Tori couldn't help but suppress her sadistic expression from Lily. She needed Lily to believe that Lady Victoria was changing for the better, that her Lady Victoria could rival Saintess Sabina.

Rival my ass.

"Good. Then let's go to the assembly hall where everyone was waiting."

Tori was in a good mood. To fully use the workforce of this house, she needed to place the seed of deception.

The servants of the household were waiting for her. They greeted Tori politely upon her arrival, to which she replied with an equally polite smile. The kitchen servants, who were more skeptical about the rumors about the change of Lady Victoria's behavior, admitted that there's genuinely a change with the eldest lady of the Rozenreff Household.

Tori signaled Lily to open the large boxes that contained her previous dresses. The packages here were only just half of the total boxes. The other half was for her different plan.

Murmurs erupted when the sight of her overly lavish and expensive dresses. It seems like the rumors of her goodwill were already circulating before she came down here.

Good. Then I don't have to exert myself in explaining.

"You may question my intention for doing this, but I'll only say this once. This is an act of filial piety for the people I have caused so much trouble with. I apologize," Tori slightly bowed her head, which the servants, even the butler, and the head maid, did not expect. To bow to a commoner from a noble's perspective was the most sincere action anyone could show. The young lady's humble efforts touched the servants' hearts.

"And to make amends as a show of my new beginning, I am giving each servant one dress. You can keep it, give it, or even sell it. Though for my handmaidens, I am giving you two dresses each."

"Thank you so much, Lady Victoria!"

"How can I accept this, Lady Tori!"

"I am at your disposal, Lady Tori!"

"I am so thankful, Lady Victoria!"

The gratitude they showed for receiving such an expensive gift was blatant. But the envy their eyes showed when her handmaidens received more was clearer.

Right. Look how I treated my subjects, everyone. Do you want more of it? Then be on my good side. Abandon that wretched Sabina and surrender yourself to me. This way, I will have the entire Household of Rozenreff under my grasp.

After getting their part, Tori's handmaidens were now helping her distribute the dresses. She gave even male servants a dress. Only one could imagine the value of her dresses, which were adorned with jewels and pearls.

"What's this commotion all about?" The stern voice of Shena stopped everyone's excited chatter. The head maid, Teresa, immediately received Lady Sabina, who had just arrived. Judging by the pissed-off attitude of Shena, it meant that Sabina was not happy about being the last one informed.

"My dearest sister!" Tori greeted her half-sister with enthusiasm in front of anyone. She even hugged her for a split moment, which earned Tori a glare from Shena.

"Greetings, Sister Tori. What's the commotion all about?"

It was clear to Tori that Sabina disliked the thought of her earning the favor of the servants. After all, this wench worked hard to destroy Victoria's reputation inside this manor.