CHAPTER 14

"BLESSINGS TO the Empire's stars, the first prince and the second prince." Tori showed courtesy to the two as she stood in front of them. She was being the center of attention which Sabina loathed the most, but Tori was just hiding her discomfort from the situation.

She just planned to be sent off by her father and her half-sister while keeping up her façade that she's still weak from the incident. But now, she didn't know how these two royal princes ended up visiting her in her estate and now they're offering to escort her to Trifecta Academy.

How can I dodge this train wreck?

Prince Corean just smile at her while Prince Lauren held her right and kissed it, which shocked everyone that was watching! Her smile faltered for a split second, which the two princes only saw.

"I believe it's time to get going, brother." Prince Corean interfered with a smile towards his older brother. Prince Lauren only cocked his head and let go of her hand.

"You're right, Cory. You two have a test to do. Let me offer you my carriage, Lady Victoria. I can offer you my insights since I have experience with Trifecta Academy's entrance exam."

He offered his hand to me in front of her family. 

Who can decline that kind of offer? But hell will sell ice cream first before I let myself stay in that damn carriage with the same person who cut this body's neck, no way!

Tori glanced at Prince Corean, who had that gentle smiling face.

I want to wipe that smug face from your wretched face, you piece of shit. 

Tori seethed while smiling sweetly at Prince Corean as she accepted Prince Lauren's face.

"Then can I ask Prince Corean to accompany us, your highness? After all, he will also take the exam with me," she challenged Prince Lauren with her pretentious generosity. Her eyes were sparkling with defiance, which earned her a chuckle from the first prince.

Bastard.

"I don't mind, Lady Victoria." Prince Corean answered when the first prince nodded. Tori glanced back at the Duke, who only nodded at her.

She then waved at her guests. She also looked at Lily, who was smiling at her with an awed expression. Tori had to let Lily watch Mia for her so she didn't let her come with her. Rowan suffered an hour-long lecture from Lily since Rowan would be the one to accompany Tori in Lily's stead.

Tori also left a very important task for Lily and that's spreading rumors that Lady Victoria almost died not from Mia but from Lady Sabina's hand. She also made sure that speculations from Sabina's former rejections should be considered. With the help of Marchioness Susana and Lily, the rumors would spread to the high society and every common folk of the capital. The Duke would have a hard time with damage control, especially when these were not mere speculations but facts.

Who said that I'll let you off the hook for this scheme, dearest sister?

They used Prince Lauren's carriage. Rowan was riding a white stallion and was standing near the carriage that she would use. Tori nodded at Rowan, to which Rowan replied with a bow. The two princes did not leave this exchange unnoticed.

Inside the carriage, the two princes sat together in front of Tori. Prince Lauren was observing her openly, which irked Tori a lot. His smile couldn't be wiped off from his face like he was enjoying the whole situation. Prince Corean, on the other hand, was just reading a book silently like he cared nothing about their current situation. This left Tori in a troublesome situation. She didn't know if she should open a conversation with them or she should ask the first prince about his offer earlier. The biggest probability was that Prince Lauren was just doing this on purpose.