CHAPTER 11

TORI AND Sabina together with their handmaidens and some servants were standing at the entrance of the Rozenreff estate as they just welcomed a guest of the Duke. Their father was now talking to the guest who just arrived. The wench took this opportunity to talk to her and start a game of hypocrisy.

"I didn't know that sister Victoria is so knowledgeable. The servants haven't even seen you study even once, you're a genius sister Victoria!" The enthusiastic voice of this wretched Sabina was unusually in a high pitch voice which almost made Tori cringe. The latter responded with equally fervent enthusiasm.

Are you accusing me of cheating?

"Oh, dear sister. If I can't even do this, then I can't deserve to be called the heir apparent. Don't worry, I will have time and tutor you if you need me. I heard from your handmaidens that you're having difficulty deciphering the basic holy language."

Now that I know Victoria isn't stupid, I'm beginning to like our almost ironic roles. Suck it up, loser.

Their blazing eyes were contradicting their sweet smiles, but the Duke and the Marquess of House Zoliel were oblivious to the animosity between the two ladies. The Duke invited the Marquess for some over the tea discussion.

Tori realized that the noble faction made a sudden move when the Elysian Crown was transferred by the Information Guild with the King's permission by falsely fabricating information about an attempt of stealing the crown. Now, as the king who's a neutral between the two princes and Tori who instructed the Information Guild for the new preferred location for the crown, the noble faction was in an uproar. By now, they would suspect the aristocratic faction already, but they didn't have evidence to start a noble trial nor did they know that the Information Guild was in cahoots with the aristocratic faction.

"Is this your daughter who is rumored to be a genius after getting an invitation even at such a young age?" The Marquess was staring intently at Tori.

"Blessing to Empire's spear, the Marquess." Tori and Sabina both greeted the guest. Tori continued, "Your praises humble me, Marquess Elrick Zoliel."

The Marquess looked at Tori and Sabina with approval, "It is a shame that my son, Ed, is not here. But perhaps you will bump into each other once you're in the academy already."

"I look forward to it."

The Duke interfered oddly in their topic. "I'll lead the way to my office, Marquess Zoliel. Victoria, Sabina, you can go back now." Tori thought her father would push the thought of friendship between Marquess Zoliel's heir apparent to her, a daughter of Rozenreff Dukedom.

As the two noblemen walked away, the impolite Sabina also walked away without saying a word to Tori. Though Tori didn't miss the deadly glare from Shena, Sabina's maid, Tori just looked forward to their retaliation. The news might have shocked the poor soul since the original Victoria didn't display any trace of intelligence.

What a bunch of losers. It would be fun to destroy them, but even insects have a role to play. So, my dear darling sister, please hold on to your head while it lasts.

THE DAYS given by the headmaster of Trifecta Academy were well spent by Tori. Duke Luwen Rozenreff checked on her from time to time, and sometimes he would bring new books he gained from the capital of the royal palace. The butler or the head maid would make sure to get her foods prepared by the head chef or sweets to keep her away from hunger while studying. And her handmaidens were preparing her for the best of baths every evening, which she appreciated. All those days, Sabina never visited her, which already circulated throughout the estate.

Since the servants talked to even Sabina's handmaidens, Tori that the wench was having a fit inside her room by lashing on her things and dresses. The handmaiden that talked was the one Sabina thoughtlessly punished after slipping on the floor.