Chapter 1

Aelin

Aelin and Nehemia were dressed in their finery, both in their human forms. They were on their way to a lesson with Saryn and his female companions Clementine and Astoria. They were faeries from another world (called Illyrians) and they taught Aelin and her daughter about their home world and the Illyrian fighting style.

Aelin had been a little skeptical to begin with as she was a tad suspicious of their  book that was constantly updating itself. They had revealed that it was a history book about their world that they had been gifted by a god before Aelin had destroyed them all. Since then, Aelin and Nehemia had decided to trust them and they had been taking lessons from them every 3rd week. 

The Illyrians had first told their own stories, how Saryn was a lowly male that wanted the females to be given the chance to learn how to fight and had been exiled for that. They told the females story about how they were respected in the Court of Night but had been kidnapped and had their wings cut off before being killed. Both stories ended with the tellers dying and falling into Erilea when they were on their way to the death realm.

They had then moved on to lessons where they spent half the time learning Prythian history and the other half learning Illyrian fighting techniques. Of course they had never told Rowan about this because then he would probably go into his territorial bastardness and insist of interrogating the unfamiliar faeries. The royal ladies had refrained from telling him for another reason too, they had decided that if they kept this fighting style a secret, if Rowan or any of their usual training partners were ever fighting with them for something important they would have a secret edge. Knowledge of the fighting style would also come in handy if they ever met any hostile (or arrogant) Illyrians.

During their lessons, they had figured out that time worked differently in the two worlds. This discovery had been made when Aelin had revealed that she had been helped back home by a fae male with dark power. After extensive research and recalling of Aelin's memories, they had concluded that this was most likely Rhysand, Clementine's son and Astoria's brother in a time after what was written in the book gifted to them. They then realised that this must mean that Aelin went to some future of Prythian where Rhys and his mate, Feyre Archeron, were expecting.

As Aelin was thinking all this, she failed to notice the well hidden marks in the deserted alleyway. She noticed her Illyrian friends just as there was a flare of blue light and the pair of royal females were sent to the last person either of them had thought of. This just so happened to be who Aelin was thinking of; Rhysand, High Lord of the Night Court of Prythian. Before they were transferred, Aelin managed to write something on the street with her foot.

3rd POV

As the two human girls disappeared in a flash of light, the trio of strange looking fae ran to the spot the girls had just been standing. They immediately knew that they had to go to the king and tell him, and the rest of Terrasen's court what they had just witnessed. Before the left, however, the youngest female-her dark hair identical to the elder female's, and a stark contrast to the males own sandy blonde-noticed something. Her silver-blue eyes widened and shone as she beheld what the woman with golden hair and turquoise eyes had written before disappearing.

She pointed to the writing on the floor and all three faeries stared at it for a moment. They now knew more of what had happened and they quickly ran to the castle, pushing past the people milling about in the market. They ran fast and determined, and when they were stopped by the palace guards and ordered to turn away, they just ran once more. The king was notified and hunted them down intending to keep them locked up until his wife, mate and queen returned with their daughter, but was distracted as they all knelt on one knee; heads pressed to their other knee before explaining what had happened.

The king was terrified. His mate and daughter were now in some unknown world. He held himself together as the faeries explained once more, to the entire court and all of their friends this time. He was relieved to learn that they would all help him find his way to his girls.

But what had the golden haired queen written before she was taken? I'm sure you already have a guess. That's right, what the queen wrote in her final moment on this world was none other than;

arrogant Illyrian brutes

799 Words

A/N
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this story. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I have a lot of plans for this so far and by the time this is actually published, I will probably have written at least 2 more chapters in Aelin/Nehemia's POV and a few in Rhysand and/or Feyre's POV. This story will probably be a bit confusing for a while, but I'll try and make it make as much sense as possible.
~

~
Skye