Chapter 5

1st POV

Aelin

Once everyone is gone we just relax and wait for a while. After about 30 minutes we finally decide we've waited long enough to be safe from spies.

"So what's the plan?" Nehemia asks me and I pause to gather my answer. After a moment I reply.

"First, we get out of these shackles whilst no one is here," I begin and we both manage to get ourselves free.

I dislocate my elbow and shoulder in order to escape and Nehemia goes to do the same but I stop her. She may have gone through my training, but I've been able to do this for a vey, very long time. I can dislocate and relocate almost all of my joints multiple times within 15 minutes without any lasting damage, I have Arobynn to thank for that. My daughter, however, cannot do this and even if she could, there is no way I would let her unless there was no other option.

I relocate my shoulder and elbow and then I unshackle Nehemia. We sit in the middle of the room, cross-legged and chat. We quickly go over our plans a couple of times. I'm proud that we both have more or less the same plan, mine only involves messing with people a bit more than hers. Rowan would probably be glad that none of my plans involve self-sacrifice this time. I've gotten better at that.

We've been plotting for about an hour and I've only just realised something.

"Holy shit! I- Holy shit!" Nehemia jumps, I just bursted out in the middle of her sentence so it's not really a surprise though. 

"I- Sorry, I just realised, my magic feels stronger even though I'm in my human body. I passed over here when I lost the majority of my magic. It is entirely plausible that when I was passing over here the magic I lost got left here." Nehemia understands and just sits there shocked.

"Well then we need to get your magic back! I know you know about the plans to try and overthrow you. If we can get your magic back then we'll be able to turn down those 'offers' as soon as we return." My daughter finally brings me back to reality and I realise that she's right. 

"Okay, I'll figure that out, but for now we should shackle ourselves and get some rest." I smirk at the statement. It's much to funny to mess with people. I only hope nothing happens to Nehemia whilst I'm sleeping, that will ruin our entire plans.

429 Words

A/N 

This was a really short chapter sorry, the next one will be longer though.

~

~

Skye