Chapter 10

Okay, so this is the final update for today (11th August, 2021-Chapters 8-10)

Rhysand

How in the Cauldron's name had she done it?! This girl, Lil- Celaena, managed to convince everyone that she was somebody else entirely. She is a human and she lied to and tricked all of us.

"What in the-" I begin, but then I close my mouth. I don't even have anything to say.

"Seriously? You're just gonna be silent like that?" She stands from the chair she brought over to herself and walks to her sister who seems shocked as well.

"Is your sister's name even Dianna?" I realise as soon as I say it that it's a stupid question, I've been inside Dianna's mind. She clearly is Dianna, she's been called that her entire life. But her answer shocks me.

"No." She says it like she finds it funny that she has to confirm the fact and I sit there in shock. She looks up to me and I catch the whiff of caution in her scent. "Why do you seem so shocked?" Her voice shows no emotion and neither does her scent. I try once again to reach her mind, but she still seems to have her subconscious barrier up.

"I looked in her mind and I saw all of her memories and knowledge. She was Dianna in there." I begin and am about to ask why she's lying, because she surely must be when she does something surprising.

"You were the one who played with her sleep density?" Her voice is calm and questioning and her head is cocked, but for some reason I feel slightly threatened. And what did she mean 'played with her sleep density'?

"You mean to tell me that you-" She stands up from her position kneeling in front of her sister, "Invaded," She turns fully towards us at the dais, but more to me. "Searched." She starts walking deliberately towards me. "And. Altered." She is now walking up the dais and a Peregryn--who turns out to be Thesan's lover--tries to stop her. "Her."She pushes him out of the way, he isn't harmed, but he is slightly disoriented for the time being. 

This snaps everyone back into reality and a group of Peregryn now attack her. "Mind." She says before turning to looks at the Peregryn, conveying the thought that she won't hurt them or their High Lord and they back down. "For." She reaches me finally and I'm standing just in front of my throne. Her face is blank and she stares into my eyes and right through to my soul. As if she can see my memories and knows my deepest secrets. She finishes her sentence staring into my eyes and. chill goes down my spine.

"What. Reason?" I just swallow thickly and I can't seem to make any words. I open my mouth but I still can't speak. 

Then she slaps me. 

Hard.

All of a sudden it's as if someone took a gag out of my mouth and I can finally speak again. Which, I suppose is good for me, given that the majority of people here seem too shocked to say or do anything on my behalf, or they don't care.

"What are you talking about?! What the hell is sleep density?!" When I say this, she goes slack and just stares at me as if I'm an idiot.

"What the- What the rutting hell do you mean 'what is sleep density'? Sleep density is how heavily you sleep, are you mentally deficient?" She asks and looks honestly sincere. 

"Okay, sure, I went into her mind." I admit and she snarls at me. "I didn't do anything though, I just searched her memories and thoughts whilst she was asleep." I'm being honest and she seems to realise it. She blinks once, twice, three times, and then turns and walks back down the dais to her chair.

I sit back down, and everyone is on edge. Correction, almost everyone is on edge. Celaena, it seems, finds the whole situation very amusing, she is laughing as hard as Cassian when I tripped over a roll in the carpet and rolled down the stairs--landing on my face, legs sticking up in the air.

"What's so funny, human?" Beron spits at her. She immediately stops laughing and narrows her eyes at the High Lord of the Autumn Court.

"It's funny, that the strongest High Lord, and one of the most powerful Daemati, in all of Prythian, can't tell the difference between a person's whole mind and part of it. It's funny, that darling Rhysand, can look into any of your minds at any time without you knowing and leave not a trace, but when he enters my sisters mind, he gets lost in the part that controls her sleep density and holds the fictional story that is Dianna Brackyn's life. It is funny, that not one of you can tell the difference between the faked emotion of a teenager, and the reality that she is stronger than almost everyone here. It is funny, that you are such a prejudiced, misogynistic, bastard, that you can't look past the tip of your nose and see what's right in front of you." 

I almost laugh at the look on Beron's face. Almost, and I would have if I didn't realise what, exactly she just said.

"We, will be taking our leave now, thank you." She says in a sarcastic voice.

She walks over to Not-Dianna and grabs her hand. I don't even know how Not-Dianna got free. The assassin hoists her sister up and they both strut to the door. The younger goes through but Celaena pauses on the threshold of the room and turns to look over her shoulder.

"Elentiya. Call her Elentiya." And with that she walks out door slamming in her wake.

There are a few moments of silence before all hell breaks loose. I just sit there and wonder about these mysterious girls. What else could they be hiding?

990 Words