Chapter 8

Feyre

How did she do that? Lillian took Truth-Teller from Azriel and knocked out Cass. That shouldn't be possible especially for a human. I see Rhys tense up and then he accidentally sends a message down the mating bond. How the f- I frown and ask what's wrong, to which he replies that he had just been thrown from Dianna's mind by a sentry of some sort. What?

But before he can answer, Dianna speaks.

"Soooooo, care to tell me why there was a male sent to wake me up while I was chained to a wall in the presence of an incredibly overprotective family member who is constantly beat by her husband?" She emphasizes the fact that it was a male sent and I, along with my whole court, realise how that must have seemed. I highly doubt that any of us are blaming Lillian for her violent outburst.

Elain makes a step forward and I'm glad that she finally feels okay enough to talk. That might have some play in my trust of the strangers. Elain trusts them and since meeting them, she's been talking a lot more.

"I'm so sorry, we weren't thinking and didn't realise what that might seem like." I know that she speaks for everyone here, not least Cassian who still seems a bit shaken up. He's never going to live that concussion down.

"Yeah, you don't say" Dianna mumbles and I realise that she must not be aware of our enhanced hearing as High Fae and Illyrians.

"Ermmm, I'm sorry. Is C-reepy wing dude okay?" I nearly snort at the nickname but I manage to hold it in. Mor doesn't seem to try as she snorts and answers Lillian's question.

"Yep, Creepy wing dude will be fine." She says, smirking. I notice the half hearted glare that Cassian sends her way and she does to because she looks him dead in the eye and sticks out her tongue.

This really would be funny, and I really would be laughing if I hadn't scented Beron approaching moments ago. I clear my throat and everyone looks at me.

"We did come here with a reason." I say pointedly and jerk my head to the door and everyone in my court seems to understand but the girls just look, and smell, confused. That is understandable though, since they have no way to know that someone is behind the door.

"We need you to come with us so that you can interrogated by the High Lords and High Ladies." I say and both girls are suddenly looking terrified. They smell terrified too and I hope that Beron just took a sniff and choked on the stench.

Lillian took a deep breath and I notice that she seems to be doing the most talking. She also seems the most afraid so she must be taking control to keep her sister out of trouble. Interesting.

Myself and Elain go forward and unchain the girls from the wall but don't take off their handcuffs. I'm positive that we've learned our lesson since none of the males in our company made a move. 

We walked to the door and I noticed that beron had left. Moron thinks we didn't know he was there. Cass opens the door and I decide that I'll start calling him 'Creepy wing dude' to annoy him. Rhys follows Cassian out and then Nesta. Me and Elain follow with Amren behind us and Azriel at the back.

We walk through the corridors taking random turns and backtracking so many times that I'd be lost if it weren't for my magic. This was, of course, to make sure that the humans wouldn't be able to make their way through the Dawn Court's Palace.

After about an half hour into our walk Lillian is till walking looking fearful, but Dianna, whom I am taking is fidgeting and trying to get out of the Ashwood cuffs. I stop her though, when we all come to a sudden stop and she almost goes flying into Nesta's back.

Rhys, who's now at the front, opens the doors and walks into the room filled with every court who has been present so far for this ACM (All Courts Meeting).

We leave the girls standing at the entrance and go to our places at/on the dais. 

On top of the dais are 9 thrones. They are arranged in a semi-circle and are all at the same level. Each throne is adorned befitting whom it was made for. For example, Tamlin's was engraved with roses and Kallias's looked to be made of ice and covered in snowflakes, with my own similar to Rhysand's, dark with stars and a crescent moon along with the Night Court's insignia. 

Below the dais were seats for each member of each court. Each person was already sitting where they should be and so Feyre, Rhysand and the rest of the Court of Dreams made their way to their own seats.

Once seated, Thesan began to speak. As we were currently in his court, he was granted the position of first speaker and host.

"Welcome to the Dawn Court, one of the 3 Solar Courts of Prythian. I am Thesan, High Lord and you are in my territory, therefore I get the final decision of what happens to you should there be any choice other than unanimous." The way he speaks is so formal and I have absolutely no clue whether he is ever anything other than serious. "Now, you may introduce yourselves and explain what business you have here."

926 Words