Chapter 4

1st POV

Rhysand

I stare at the older girl; Lillian she said her name was. Her hair is golden and her eyes are turquoise with gold ringing her pupils. 

Her sister, Dianna, had the same eyes but her hair was silver rather than gold. Her face was sharper than her sisters but she looked just as innocent.

I felt the horror of my mate at the discovery.

"Who? Who hits you?" Elain asks. Her back is facing me but her voice is soft and I can almost see the kindness in her eyes. My entire court is silent as we wait for the human's answer.

"M- My husband. H- He uses daggers and swords and other weapons. Sometimes he even uses his ice." (A/N Fun Fact: I almost wrote 'eyes' instead of ice') Her voice is quiet, as if she's afraid her husband might hurt her.

I feel a blind rage flowing through me that belongs to both myself and Feyre. This girl was 18. 18! And she was not only married, but to an abuser no less. Once they found him, he would be dead, the rest of their court would probably help them make it as painful as possible.

"It's okay, he doesn't mean to hurt you. He always apologises afterwards." Dianna said, but it sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than anyone else. She tried for a smile, but it came out as more of a grimace. She gave up and her face slackened.

"Of c-course I know that. B- But he doesn't apologise as often as people think. M-More often than n-not he's just t-trying to get a good, s-s-scarring cut on me." I feel the tension in the room and I can tell that almost everyone here is planning a brutal murder.

"I'm so sorry, but you're safe here okay? The courts will help you." Yet again Elain is trying to help the girl. It's amazing how she can still be so sweet even after all she has been through. She must've said something wrong though because the girls began to back against the walls they were chained to once again, trembling.

"I- I'm sorry, we'll go now. Please don't worry, we just have to talk to the others before we can let you out, alright?" Feyre's sister apologises and makes sure to get a response before standing and turning around. We all leave the room and go back to the other High Lords and Ladies and their respective courts.

Feyre

As we all returned to the meeting room, I was horrified and furious. How could anyone treat such a young person in such an appalling manner. How had she been married at such a young age either.

As the High Lords, High Ladies and the Night Court are making our way back to the main meeting room everyone is silent, contemplating what we've just learned. I can only hope that no one is thinking that the behaviour of Lillian's husband is acceptable. If they do, I don't care what wars it may cause, I will murder them brutally and mercilessly.

Finally back at the table, those of us who know are quiet but the others are getting restless.

"We have learnt that the girls are sisters. The youngest is 17 and her name is Dianna Brakyn. The eldest is Lillian Gordaina, she is married but the relationship seems to be an abusive one." I say and there are gasps ad shocked faces at my words. Some people seem furious, whilst other just seem to be frozen in shock.

We discuss what to do with the girls for a while. The argument is rather back and forth for a good hour before deciding to sleep for the night and further talk when they've all gotten some sleep.

----------------------------------------------Time Skip named Mini Bob----------------------------------------------

I set up a barrier around our rooms doors and my court sits in the living room. We begin to talk about Lillian and Dianna. 

"I wasn't able to get into their minds. I tried but their walls were incredibly stable." I reveal this information and even Rhys looks shocked, I'm usually able to get through many walls so my inability to do so must come as a surprise.

"I'm pretty sure that they aren't aware of their mind blocks though." At the confused looks, I elaborate. "I tried getting into their minds but they showed no signs of knowing, it's the typical reaction of someone unaware of me or their mind blocks. You see if someone is aware of their mind blocks, they are constantly checking on them. These girls just ignored them, so I don't think they know about them. If they do, then they'd have to be able to control their scent to make themselves smell oblivious as well."

The others seem to understand and slowly the conversation switches focus.

Hey, what do you think about the girls. You didn't say anything earlier. I ask down the mind link connecting me to my mate.

I think they're telling what they want to tell us without lying directly. What they said about the husband was true, but there was something about their actions while we were there that seemed like they were terrified of us until Elain mentioned she used to be human. The reply gets me thinking and I just send a hum back.

Then I feel a quick tap on the barrier. I run to the window and then see the bird falling and wince, feeling guilty. I manipulate the wind to bring the bird back to the window. 

"Feyre, what is it?" Mor asks and I realise that I just got up and ran to the window without explaining anything.

"Sorry, I just felt something against the barrier and freaked out. It turns out it was just a bird." There are some sighs of relief and immediately the tension that had taken over the room was gone. I smile and heal the bird before setting it free and retiring for the night. There is a lot to do in the morning.

989 Words