Chapter 9

Okay, so I'm sorry about my lack of updates, I've been doing not very well mentally and had to take a break from...Everything really. I was still reading other's stories which can be attested to by the comments I've written, but I haven't posted anything even though it was already written so I'm sorry. 
I really should have posted the pre-written chapters, but I couldn't find it within me to be bothered, so here I am doing a multi-update.
~Skye

Aelin

During our planning, we had come to the agreement that I would be doing the most talking. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

"L- Lord Th-Thesan, I- it's a pleasure to meet you." I begin, and whilst I am being honest, and it really is an honor to meet him, my fearful scent and stutter makes me seem very insincere. "M- My name i- is Lillian Gordaina, I'm 18 years old and I'm m- married to a m- m- male that found his way into our village. H- He wished to t- take over a- and I was able to c- convince him not to a- and t- to marry me instead." I hear gasps. They are thinking that I got married to a faerie at a young age to protect my village. They really are dumb.

"Th-Th-" I stutter but then I pause and take a deep breath as if steeling myself and I let some brave determination into my scent."This is my younger sister, Dianna Brackyn and she's 17. We have been friends her entire life and I love her more than almost anything. I will protect her with my life." The last part was an accident and to make things worse I snarled it. 

"Your scent changed just now. You did smell absolutely terrified, but the it turned into determination, bravery and........boredom?" Thesan says the last aspect as if in question and I know why. I'm a human, I shouldn't be able to change my scent like that. But I made a mistake and now I'm going to accept it and move on.

"Yeah, no shit." I drawl and I hear the sharp intake of breath from my left. Nehemia has never seen Celaena Sardothien and I had never wanted her to, but it was too late now.

"I'd obviously smell bored if that's how I'm feeling wouldn't I?" I ask rhetorically.

"I got bored of dragging up terrifying memories to convince you that I'm afraid of you and every other arrogant faerie out there." I emphasize the word 'bored' and then give a smile that I know enrages most, if not all, fae males. The simmering smile turns into a smirk when I'm rewarded by the anger of every male in the room. 

I get up, still shackled and walk over to a spare chair that's leaning against the wall, everyone going stiff as I move from my position on the floor. I turn my back to the chair and end up facing the dais once again. When I do, I notice that Elain is looking at me in curiosity, rather than one of the more common expressions held by her company.

I pull the chair back to where I was kneeling and the sit on it, legs crossed. My dress is somehow still covering my legs, and the suit I'm wearing underneath it. I make quick work of the wooden shackles and take them off, swinging them from my fingers and inspecting them as I lounge in my chair.

"I'm sure you've realised by now that I most certainly am not one Mrs Lillian Gordaina. So I suppose I'll reintroduce myself." I look up finally and watch each of their eyes in turn. I grin the cold, cruel grin that became Celaena Sardothien's signature smile at some point.

"I am Celaena Sardothien. I'm an assassin trained by the best assassins in both the East and the West." I pause for a moment before mentioning, as if in passing, "Ever since I was eight."

They all stare at me and I let the grin fall. I take the dagger Elain managed to slip me--after I told her the entire truth while we were walking--from its place in my belt and use it to clean my nails. I see the confusion and then realisation from the Night Court as they seem to realise that the dagger I'm using belongs to Elain.

I finally replace the dagger and look up to find the courts quietly conversing with each other. I sigh and then observe them all closer. Most everything is seemingly normal. There is one Peregryn that seems to be more protective over Thesan than the others and I recognise that he must be Thesan's lover. How interesting. My eyes drift to the Autumn Court and I see its Lady. My breathing almost falters but I manage to keep it even and my scent unchanged. 

The Lady of the Autumn Court, she looks so familiar. Her face is one that I see many nights in my nightmares and dreams alike. I will have to find her at some time, she must have been another to die and get sent to a world she didn't belong, and she must have hidden her fae heritage so well. I have to apologise to her for everything I did and everything I failed to do.

I notice that she is also hiding her emotions very skillfully, in fact she is hiding the so well, that she seems entirely in another world. It's fake though, and I only know this because of my many, many years training with Arobynn and his assassins.

"Well, you all seem just wonderful, but I would like to take my leave. Would that be fine, High Lord?" I stand as I speak, bowing as I say the last words. I know that they know that my manner is a mocking one. And I know that that infuriates a few of them.

I look up, still in a sarcastic half-bow and stare at them from behind my eyelashes. Yes, I can manage to make a gesture sarcastic. Might have something to do with the books I'm currently reading Percy Jackson and all books related to him.

I let a small smirk dance across my face as I rise to a full stand and notice the pure rage boiling on Tamlin and Beron's faces. Well, well, Celaena Sardothien is a wonderful mask, isn't she. Most definitely my most perfect.

1002 Words