Chapter 7

Nehemia

I'm awoken by a sharp pain from my cheek. I open my eyes, "What was that for!?" I ask.

Why the hell did my mother just slice my cheek?! When she explains though I'm shocked and horrified. Usually I'm an incredibly light sleeper and even when I am in a deep sleep, someone walking towards me wakes me up immediately unless I'm in my parents room. Why didn't I wake up?

I know she understands when she just tells me not to worry about it rather than chewing my head off. I was probably poisoned, that or- I realise something and slam more force into my mind barriers. I reinforce them with the coldest of ice and then with water and then fire. I'm surprised by the fire, but if Mom's fire is stronger here then perhaps I have some that I didn't know about so I won't dwell on it. I start to search my mind for anything that doesn't belong.

I find a small seed of darkness but I laugh out loud. My mother looks at me with a raised eyebrow and I just shake my head with a disbelieving grin. She understands and goes back to watching the still shocked Court of Dreams. 

I return to my mind and look at the darkness that tried to invade my mind. How the hell did it manage to get stuck in the part of my mind that holds the backstory of Dianna Brakyn. it's not even a large part of my brain. From this section I can control how deep I sleep but nothing else, and anyone looking through it would learn Dianna's background story.

Some idiot has gotten themselves stuck in her maze of memories. How- What?- How the hell did someone manage to do that. Unless I focus on this story, it's usually at the least obtrusive part of my mind.

I use my mind to grab the kernel and I drag it to my mind wall. I debate opening a part of my wall and throwing it out, but I decide to just chuck it through the barrier and hope that whoever it belongs to doesn't get damaged too permanently. If they do it wouldn't be too bad though, I suppose. It'll teach them for invading my mind whilst I'm asleep. As I through the power out I yell at it through my mind:

PERSONAL SPACE BIOTCH!!  I say it in a voice that just sounds so stuck up and bratty that I snort in real life.

I bring myself back to the present and notice that Feyre and Rhysand and their court are only now being brought to reality and I roll my eyes. How are they the most powerful court in Prythian? 

Well, I mean, I do know how. I kind of know everything about them, including Morrigan's secret sexuality. How does she manage to hide that? Why does she need to hide it again? It doesn't matter where your preferences lay does it? Uncle Aedion says it doesn't. I like Uncle Aedion he's funny and he gets really annoyed when I call him Aunty. Naturally, that makes me more inclined to do it more. 

Hang on, off topic, jeez that happens a lot. 

Although it is helpful when DoDo- sorry, Dorian, is trying to search my brain for his birthday presents because I just go off topic way too fast. Oops did it again.

Oh hey! Everyone's finally awake. They're good people, so Imma mess with them like Mom proposed earlier.

"So..........." I begin, drawing out the 'oh' sound for a while, waiting until they're all looking at me before speaking again. "Care to tell me why there was a male sent to wake me up while I was chained to a wall in the presence of an incredibly overprotective family member who is constantly beat by her husband?" I ask, carefully not mentioning that both my Mom and Dad partake in the beating of one another while their war friends watch, Mom winning more often than Dad. Never bet against the Queen of Terrasen, let me tell you.

I skillfully hide my laughter at the horror on their faces as they must assume that 'Lillian' assumed Cass was going to do something to me. I mean she probably did think he was going to try and slit my throat but still.

"I'm so sorry, we weren't thinking and didn't realise what that might seem like." Elain says. I know that she knows that we aren't who we pretend to be and I know that somehow my sly, ever scheming mother must've told her who we are. Or to some extent at least because she doesn't seem very shocked at what happened.

"Yeah, you don't say." Although I mutter it under my breath I know that their enhanced hearing will pick it up. 

"Ermmm, I'm sorry. Is C-reepy wing dude okay?" Mom asks and I have to hold back my laughter. She almost slipped Cassian's name, but that cover-up was pretty good. I know that Elain is thinking the same because her eyes shine with amusement. I check my scent, making sure it's still slightly nervous and not betraying my extreme amusement.

Mor snorts at the name since she doesn't have to hide her reactions in order to sell the story. I am immediately comforted by the thought that she really is just as nice as I imagined her to be.

"Yep, Creepy wing dude will be fine." She says, smirking and Cassian shoots her a playful glare. They are really nice, I think we can tell them, but the other High Lords I don't trust. Especially that Beron guy listen from behind the door.

941 Words

A/N

Okay, so I've decided that Nehemia is going to have ADHD. I don't really have a reason, but she's going to have mild ADHD for some reason that I'll invent lter in the story. I'll try to make the story progress faster, but it might not.