Chapter 3

TW: Mentions of abuse at the very end. I am in no way romanticising this issue, nor am I downplaying it. Abuse is a very real problem and I am aware of that. Nothing bad did happen however the way things have been worded make it seem that way. The next chapter will have mentions of abuse as well, further into the story it will be confirmed as a strategic/trickery play on Aelin's part.

Nehemia

Everyone stood silent for a moment and Nehemia was a little worried. She was worried her mother would make a choice that was different to her own, but as she felt talons of darkness against her mind walls she forced herself to not react for a moment before cowering into Aelin as if finally getting over the shock of teleportation and realising where she was and with whom.

Nehemia was grateful as Aelin seemed to understand and she, too, began cowering. Nehemia watched carefully and their response seemed to be the expected reaction for Humans first meeting a high fae if the fae and faeries reactions were anything to go on. Then she realised she was in a room filled with Prythian's most powerful inhabitants and she shivered in anticipation. 

The girls began backing away as if terrified, in reality though,they were trying to find anything they could use as a weapon just in case, so that they wouldn't have to expose their suits. They soon found weapons when one of the Peregryn lurched forward and they managed to jump back rather than forwards as they would have liked. As they did so however, they came into contact with a glass sculpture and shattered it. Well, at least now they had weapons and Nehemia knew why the Peregryn make had reacted the way he did.

The girls let themselves collapse in a pile of shattered glass. The glass cut deep into their backs and they screamed and cried in pain. Or, at least what the Prythian's thought was pain. They had both learned to endure torture and her mother had had to experience torture a large magnitude of times.

They let themselves slump as they stopped screaming, as if unconscious from the blood loss. Internally she smirked as she was hefted up and carried into a room. She was shackled with wood and it took a great deal of self control to keep from laughing. She knew that this was probably ash-wood, the weakness of this worlds fae but that didn't mean she had to find it any less ridiculous.

Aelin

Aelin waited until the door shut and then a little longer before groaning and sitting up and then panicking and momentarily struggling against the shackles, as was expected of any prisoner. Once the acceptable panicking time period was over, she calmed down and took in her surroundings. She then sat up and moved as far as she could towards her beloved daughter. It wasn't very far. 

Nehemia woke up moments later and went through a similar process, although hers was interrupted by Aelin's voice.

"It's no use, sister."

"Oh?" Nehemia asked, well aware that her mother was telling her what disguise to wear.

"I've tried already. They were right. The high ae and faeries really are horrible. Oh Dianna, I really am terrified, what should happen to us?" Her despair in her voice was so real that anyone that didn't know her well would assume it real.

"L- Lily, are they going to k- kill us? Like they killed F- Father?" Nehemia asked, both girls were grinning at the story they were feeding these people. Of course they trusted the Night Court, and a few others here, but it was the people that they didn't trust that they were most concentrated on feeding the story to.

"I- I'm sorry. I- I don't know. But I promise I'll protect you okay?" She let tear spill from her eyes and she knew they were fake, but she was unsure whether he daughter was aware that her promise had been heartfelt.

"O- Okay." Nehemia sniffled and they both jumped as the door opened. They pressed themselves against the walls behind them as they looked scared. Not terrified, but still scared.

The Night Court and the High Lords were at the door and an Illyrian stepped forward. Aelin knew him as Cassian, he was the Commander of Rhys's Illyrian armies. She took all but a split second to decide to play with them and she jerked back at Cassian's movement. Everyone looked at her and Nehemia was looking at her, confused and worried. SHIT Aelin silently cursed herself. Oh well, she would explain later. Either way, Cassian returned to where he had been.

"W- What do you want from us?" Aelin asked, applauding herself at her performance whilst reinforcing her mental walls. Not even Feyre would be getting through these. Aelin had built them to combat Maeve and they had worked. 

"We need to ask you a few questions, is that okay?" Aelin looked over to the speaker and her heart melted. It was Elain, although they knew from Clementine's history book that Elain was quite the prankster ad would probably appreciate this, Aelin still felt bad for deceiving her. She would be first person they told.

Aelin trembled as Elain made her way to her. "Hello, my name is Elain, I used to be a human too. I just want to help you, unlike those mean brutes behind me." She says the last part quiet enough that only the queen can hear it. Aelin smiles a little at her and she returns it.

"I- I'm Lillian Gordaina and that's my little sister Dianna Brakyn. I'm 18 and she's 17. W- We were just walking around town when suddenly, poof we're here." Elain raises an eyebrow when Aelin says 'poof' that is, after all, her and Azriels code-word for a prank, and Aelin winks at her. Elain smirks at her in understanding. 

Elain moves back slightly and Aelin widens her eyes. "Oh no, oh no" She begins and everyone looks at her strangely. "H- He doesn't know where we are. He- no, please no. He's going to be so mad." Nehemia looks at me in false worry.

"W- Do you think he'll h- hit you again?" She asks and Aelin lets a tear slip down her face as she nods.

987 Words (Not including TW or A/N)

A/N
So I'm going to update this now. I've written a few extra parts and I'll continue to update this story. I have at least 7 more chapters written and ready to update but school is really stressing me out. I'll post as often as I can but it'll mostly be every two weeks. I hope you're enjoying this so far.
~
~

Skye