Chapter Four: Martha Martha Marth

A few practices have passed. We have a new player named Martha. She's awesome. By far one of the best players I know. And she's pretty cool to be around. It was our first game with Martha. We're halfway through. Another goal by Martha. But when the rest of the team was slacking Martha would rage. It was a mess. Parents enjoyed that Martha helped so much but they did not enjoy her raging. I found it quite entertaining.
     After the game, we were all on the bench some leaving others gossiping. I was gossiping with Kimberly and Martha I believe was just listening.
"OMG! I forgot to tell you!" Exclaimed Kimberly.
"What?" I replied.
"I'm totally crushing on Matthew."
"Oh cool."
"Your like best friends with him!"
"Yeah.."
"Do you know if he likes me?"
"We don't really talk about crushes I guess." I flat out lied.
"Oh. Well that's fine! I gotta go home let's hang out soon!" Kimberly started to walk away. "And find out if he likes me!"
    In response to that I laughed.

Matthews POV:

After the game, total bust, they all suck except Maxine, I was sitting on the bench listening to maxines and Kimberly's conversation. KIMBERLY LIKES ME! I was shocked. Frozen even. I mean if Maxine doesn't like me maybe I should just move on. Right?
"We don't really talk about crushes I guess." Is the next thing I heard Maxine say. WHAT! We talk about it all the time. Well mostly me but that's besides the point. Why wouldn't she tell Kimberly the truth. A few minutes later Kimberly walked away. I wanted to know what was happening, I knew she wouldn't tell me but she might tell Martha. I turned over to her and started a conversation.
"Hey!" I said. She looked super sad.
"hi."
" what's wrong?"
"Oh nothing."
"Come on tell me."
"Ok it's just-" she was interrupted by her dad. Why was that jerk here?
"Maxine let's bleeping GO!" He yelled.
"Sorry I gotta go bye Martha!"
"Oh uh bye." And with that she ran off to the car. I got Chester so he could take me home. As soon as I got home I drove my bike down to Maxine's house. Conveniently, she was walking outside as I pulled up.
"Hey! Wanna come over?" I asked her. She comes over all the time so it's nothing new or weird.
She looked up eyes red and puffy, hair was a mess, and it seemed that there was a bruise forming on her arm. "I don't know."
I got off my bike and ran over to her. I wrapped her in a huge hug. "What happend??"
"I-I'll tell you later can we just leave.. please?"
"Yeah.." and with that we got on my bike and rode back to my house.

Maxines POV:
We got to his house and went to his room. It was like a little den type thing. We both sat down.
"So what happened?" With that I broke down.
He pulled me into his arms and I cried into his shirt. "My dad... he hates me.. he got mad."
"Shh.. calm down it's ok." He pulled me closer and ran his fingers through my hair. He knew how to make me feel better. Just the smell of his cologne made me melt. Then my eyes got heavy. And I slowly fell asleep.