Chapter Six: Outside of The box

Back to Maxines POV:
Tw:(idk it's not that sensitive it's kinda just based off my life but I just wanted to put that just in case!)

Kimberly's mother didn't let us leave until our parents were there to pick us up. Great!! When I called my mom she was pissed. She didn't feel like picking me up because she had already driven to my brothers several different basketball games. My dad then had to pick me up, which meant he had to sober up a bit before he left. So, being the first one ready to leave and the last one to leave was just great! The car ride was a nightmare. Screamed at and cursed out the whole ride. Fun.
       By the time I got home I was nearly in tears. I don't let my family see the tears though. They just yell more. I ran straight to my room. I could here my parents arguing outside of it. I broke down as soon as I got in. I stuffed my face in a pillow and cried. As quietly as I could of course.

Time skip to two days later hehe. Just pretend it's still weekend bc why not.

I decided to call Matthew. I haven't seen him in a what felt like a while and I missed him. Grr. While on the phone everything was fine until I asked him to come to one of my soccer games. He started stunning over his words and making up excuses. I just laughed and hung up. Then I headed for soccer practice.

Soccer practice was fun. Martha is so funny and great I'm so happy she randomly showed up. Anyways, after practice my heart broke a bit.

"So, Maxine! Did you ask Matthew yet?" Kimberly asked with everyone else adding little comments like "yeah! Did yuh?" I didn't know what to say.
"Uhm I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"I guess I just forget."
"Ughhh oh my god!" Various sighs and murmurs from the team went on. Martha just seemed confused. But why?
The team all said good bye and left. After every body left I just sat on the bench. Then there was a pit it felt like in my stomach. Ugh. Stupid Matthew making me have a crush on him. Hehe. Jealousy and heartbreak were going through my mind as what I thought I was alone until somebody approached me.

"Hey Maxine! Can I ask you something real quick?" Martha! She's still here?

Getting rid of my once sad emotions I responded, "oh hey! Yeah-yeah sure."

"How come you avoid Kimberly's questions about Matthew?"

"Uhm what."
"Come on. Aren't you guys like besties?"

"I mean yeah but- how'd you know that?"

"I uhm- cousins remember? Why don't you tell Kimberly that he likes her?"

"What?! I don't know. I guess... wait! HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS? Martha your really starting to scare me and I thought your were the chill one..."

"IT DOESNT MATTER! Why won't you spill the beans sis?"

"Sis? What uhm.."

"SPILL!" She finally shouts and that's when my cover was blown.

"I LIKE HIM!" I then gasped and covered my mouth. "Hehe I better go now." I say standing up.

"Oh. Okay bye." Martha reply's running away. She better not snitch.