Chapter 7: Tea Time w Chris

When I got home and called Matthew there was no reply. What the heck! How rude of him smh. Anyways the next day at school he avoided me the whole day! That was until Thursday. I was walking down the hall way with Chris. We were getting ready to leave school.
"Why are you all gloomy?" Chris asked me full of curiosity.
"What do you mean! I'm not gloomy!" I stated defensively.
"Then why are you moping around?"
"Ugh, well if u must know Matthew has been avoiding me all week! I have no clue why! And he's been weird he won't even come to my soccer games!"
"True, he has been pretty weird. Plus you having a major crush on him doesn't help you."
I slowly looked over to him and stopped walking. I stood there shocked. "What?"
"Oh come on max! You don't have a crush on me, I can tell, plus your super secretive so if you did you wouldn't tell me. Also, you guys cuddle, flirt, and you obsess over each other."
I stood there math on the floor, "not true."
"Completely true! I have money betting on when y'all will finally get together." He stated happily as could be.
"WHAT! Chris are you kidding me?! Plus we're never gonna happen. He likes Kimberly." I stated first off with anger which then turned into annoyance and sadness.
"No he doesn't he just said that so you wouldn't know he liked y.."
"CHRIS WHAT!"
"Never mind I really gotta get home!" We started to walk again. Me walking quickly as he started to try to get away.
"Wait chris! Please just tell me why he's avoiding me!"
"My moms here bye!" He waved then drove off. Ugh!!! I kicked a trash can and sat on the bench sadly. Stupid Chris wasting my time. Stupid Matthew avoiding me. Stupid coach being odd. Stupid Kimberly liking Matthew back.

-at home-
The phone started to ring and I got up and answered it. I was hoping it would be Chris with what he was gonna say. Nope it was just Matthew!
"MAXINE! Listen! Sorry I have been avoiding you and stuff but I really need your help and I gotta tell you something so come over right now!" Matthew screamed in the phone. He immediately hung up right after.
Getting ready to head out the door I was stopped by my dad, he just yelled at me a few times. I walked out before anything bad happened and headed straight to matthews. He better have a good explanation for all this.