Chapter Fifteen: Big News

As Matthew and I were cuddling I heard the lock start to turn on the door. I quickly shook Matthew to wake him up.

"whatt mom I don't want to go to schoolll!!" (It's a Sunday by the way)

"Matthew get up my parents are coming in!"I replied to his stupid behavior. He was adorably stupid though so it was ok. With that I pushed him off my bed so he could roll under it.

"OW!" He yelped.

"Maxine...? Are u in there?! What's going on!" My mom said opening the door.

"Oh I just scratched myself a little, that's all."

"Oh, well anyways I have some news for you." She said sitting down on my bed. The whole time I was PRAYING that Matthew could stay quiet for the one time I need him too. "Since tomorrow is your last day of school, your going to go visit your cousin in California." She says calmly like it's no big deal. I'm freaking out though because we are going so far to see people she doesn't even like!

"WHAT! How long? Why?!" I started asking her tons of questions before she cut me off.

"Hush hush, I decided to send you for a month and see from there how long your aunt would keep you." She says again like it's effort free.

"ME? AS IN YOU, GUY, AND YOUR HUSBAND ARE NOT COMING!" I shouted standing up. I was beyond annoyed.

"Yes, I don't have time to go. It's your job to salvage our relationship with those idiots." She said standing up and walking to the door. "Oh and one more thing." She turns around. "DO NOT SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!" And with that she slams the door and *click* locks it too.

I lay on my bed annoyed and upset. With a million questions running through my head. When will I see Matthew? OH SHOOT.... MATTHEW!

I looked under my bed to see him just laying there staring up.

"Buddy, are you ok?"

"A month... How long she will keep you?" He says sadly turning his head to me as he says the second part.

"Please come out so we can talk." With that he roles out, gets up, and sits on the side of my bed. "I don't know what the hell is happening." I said sitting next to him and leaning against him. "We got it though." After that he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.