Chapter Five: Get your head in the game.

I woke up to a bright sun shining into my eyes. I go to yawn realizing I was wrapped in a pair of arms. Matthew? Shoot! I forgot what happened last night, I must have fell asleep. Wierdly, this isn't the first time this has happend. Were best friends, so I guess it's normal right?
"Matthew." I said sleepily, shaking him in attempt to walk him up.
"Ten more minutes mom!"
"MATTHEW IT'S MAXINE GET YO STANK ASS UP!" I yelled, and with that he jumped and basically fell right off his bed. I started laughing to death.
"It's not funny." He complains.
"Yes. Yes it is." I reply. I start to grab my stuff and get ready to leave.
"Where you going?"
"Home sadly, I'm gonna get in trouble if they wake up and don't see me there." I said somewhat laughing.
"Ok bye bug." Matthew said then rolled back over and fell asleep. I laughed then exited his house heading home.

Next Soccer game:
We were doing great! Martha is super good and she is helping the rest of the team become better too. It's been lots of work but a lot of fun. We were winning this game so far. Soon the game came to an end and we of course had won! We continued to win for a few more games. Chris always came. Matthew never did. We still hung out though. There was this one time after a game though that was super..... "funny."

Matthews POV:

Kimberly's mom insisted the whole team go over to her house after a victory. I did not want to at all. It seemed like a horrible idea. Yet, here I was in Kimberly's hang out room in what seemed like a mansion. All the girls were gossiping and such. As girls do I guess. Their kinda wierd. I zoned out until I heard on conversation.
"So Maxine are you and Matthew like... dating?" One of the girls asked.
"What no!" She responded. Ouch.
"Why do you always hang out with him? I saw him carrying you on his bike one time!" A different girl asked. Man these girls weren't giving up.
"Because he's my bestfriend?"
"Best friends don't do that! Also girls you all know I like him. So why would my best friend Maxine here like him?" Kimberly questions sassily.
"Because the world doesn't rely around you." A different girl says. With that I had to try to contain my laughter. Which was extremely hard. Then I zoned out again. Until they wanted to go skinny dipping? No. No. And no. Maxine looked super uncomfy.
"Wish I could but... my mom is here to pick me up bye see ya." And with that Maxine ran out. I how ever, had to stay luckily I was quickly able to call Chester who got me into this whole mess. He was on his way. I waited on a bench in the mullens giant house, I saw Maxine sitting on it too.
"Hey!"
"Hi."
"I thought you said you mom was here."
"Nah, my mom won't pick me up. I just don't wanna go.. skinny dipping." She states with a barf face. With that I start laughing.
"Yeah I get it my moms on her way." I say she just nods.
"So.. hey your friends with Matthew?" I ask
"Yeah, why? Oh please don't tell me you have a crush on him too!" She complains.
I laugh, "nah he's my... third cousin."
"Wow, I kinda see the resemblance."
"Yeah... he told me he told you that he liked Kimberly."
"What!? What do you mean!"
"Just a convo we had, so how come you didn't tell her? Don't worry I won't snitch."
"I don't know. I don't wanna lose him I guess."
"Why would you lose him?"
"Because I- "Ding Dong* shoot chesters here. I get up, head to the door, then leave . What was she gonna say?