~Chapter 1~

I hope you like my new book ^_^ thanks for reading cuz it means a lot when you're me

"Hurry up or we'll be late!!!" yelling from downstairs echoed through the mostly vacant house. It had been like that for a while now. Ever since the incident with my dad.

"Yeah, Yeah! I'm hurrying!!" I yelled towards my bedroom door. I brushed the last of the knots in my hair out before putting a light grey beanie on. I slipped on my vans and a jacket before grabbing my phone and ear buds and running down stairs. No one was in the house now so I fastened my pace and grabbed an apple before racing outside. I hopped in the already running car and was greeted by an impatient mum.

"We're going to be late thanks to you," She sighed but wasn't as tense as she was when she woke me up telling me I had to hurry up and get ready.

"Yeah, yeah," I chuckled. "Where are we going in such a rush anyway?" I asked, taking a bite out of my apple.

"Ugh, you forgot didn't you?" I gave her a clueless expression that answered her question. "Today I have a job interview and you told me that you wanted to come along to see how it goes." I just noticed how nice she was dressed. Like one of those office ladies but she wasn't old or mean or any other things that pop into your head when you hear the word office lady. It was a nice black skirt and a white shirt.

"Ooooh yeah!" I finally recalled last night when my mum was telling me how she had a job interview and I offered to come along. But then I remembered staying up late at night watching Netflix.

"Yeah~" My mum said in a mocking tone that you say to dense people who understand nothing, which caused both of us to laugh.

"Shush child!" I put my finger in front of her lips to silence her which didn't help. We both just laughed even more.

"Oh, I'm the child, huh?" She asked, lifting her eye brow.

"Yep," I crossed my arms and lifted my chin with a confident smirk.

"Oh, sure," I peeked one of my eyes open to look at her laughing and shaking her head.

Then it seemed like everything was going in slow motion. I looked straight ahead and saw the green light flash red in just a moment's notice. After seeing my frightened expression, Mum looked up in time to see and hear another car slam on their breaks. The loud screeching sound filled the air and even drowned out the sound of the radio playing on a low volume. It was too late to do anything. Both of us shrieked at the top of our lungs as the other car tried to avoid an accident but to no avail. They hit the back part of our car, causing us to spin and roll over off of the road. The radio stopped playing the catchy tune and all of the windows shattered. I looked over to the drivers seat to see mum beat up pretty badly and had a trickle of blood oozing from her forehead. I tried to move but it felt as if my whole body was numb. All I could do was watch her lie there. Everything started getting fuzzy and before everything turned black, I heard sirens in the distance. Well, they sounded distant. I couldn't tell anymore. Then, everything went black and I couldn't hear the sirens or the frantic chatter of by standers at all.

I blinked a few times to adjust to the bright lights and white walls and ceiling. The feeling of peace and emptiness was soon replaced by pain. I felt sore all over and could feel that parts of me were patched up. I was just about to close my eyes again in hope of finding that painless state but a picture of Mum with her eyes closed and the blood trickling down her forehead flashed in my head. I immediately tried to sit up but pain shot through my whole body.

"Oh, you're awake!" I looked over by the door to find a surprised nurse. "Wait here, I'll go get the doctor."

"Wait!" I was going to ask her about my mum but it was too late. She was already rushing down the long white hallway. While waiting for the doctor's arrival I scanned the rest of the room. To my right was the door and some counters and a sink. In front of me was a TV with the news on. To my left was a curtain that cut me off from seeing the rest of the room.