~Chapter 14~

My eyes fluttered open due to the bright light shining through the window. Gajeel would be meeting Mum today, even if she couldn't see him yet. That could probably wait a little longer; more sleep sounded good to me.

"Rise 'n' shine, Shrimp," Gajeel opened my door before I could even get close to getting back to sleep.

"Five more minutes," I groaned as I pulled my blanket over my head. Yeah, I wanted to visit my mum, but I could do that anytime today and sleep was inviting me to a date with just the two of us.

"Get up before I do it for you," he threatened but I paid no attention as I concentrated on the warmth that was being created by the blanket. "Fine."

I heard footsteps and I don't know why I didn't bother to do anything. Next thing I know I'm being carried bridal style in his arms again, this time the blanket wrapped around me. I felt something that was in my hands. I took a quick glance down at what I was holding and shoved it deeper into the blanket before Gajeel could see that I was sleeping with his shirt. It might have seemed weird enough that I wore his shirt yesterday but it would be weirder if he knew that I slept with it.

"Put me down and I'll get ready," I said loud enough so he could hear as I looked away so he couldn't see the blush that was possibly creeping across my face.

"Okay, okay, gihi," He put me down and as soon as my feet hit the floor, I put some distance between us and faced the opposite way of him. "Don't take too long," He chuckled before I heard him walking towards my door, then my door shutting. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding in.

What the hell is wrong with me? Wait, don't answer that. What's wrong with me is that I slept with Gajeel's shirt.

I stood there for a moment, staring at the wall, before I noticed what I was doing and that Gajeel was waiting for me to get ready. I stuffed his shirt into one of my drawers before getting dressed. I ended up wearing a simple outfit that consisted of a pair of shorts, a yin yang t-shirt, and a pair of flip flops. Right when I walked out of my room, "Think fast!" got yelled at my before an apple was flying across the hallway towards me. Luckily, I caught it, barely.

"What the hell was that?" I asked and looked down the hallway where Gajeel was laughing at my upset face.

"An apple," He said as if it was obvious. Well, it was obvious but it didn't explain why he threw it at me.

"You don't say?" I said sarcastically as I tilted my head to the side. "Why did you throw it at me?"

"I don't know, I felt like it?" He shrugged and hoped that was good enough for me. Oh well.

"Whatever," I walked down the hallway to where he was. I stood on my toes and smacked the back of his head before walking past him to the kitchen to get me a water bottle. "You're driving."

"Okay, okay. I'm pretty sure I deserve that," He laughed as he followed me to the car. I hopped into the passenger side car and he got into the other side.

"How long has she been in the hospital?" Gajeel asked as he drove down his street.

"Just around two weeks," I replied but kept my eyes wandering around the scenery out the window.

"How was she like? If you don't mind me asking," He asked quietly. Why was he asking this? I guess he could read minds because he answered my question right after. "My mom left when I was real young so I grew up with my dad until he left, too."

"Oh," I mumbled quietly before actually answering him. "She is awesome. She was almost always smiling and she wasn't like normal moms. She was more like my best friend, even more than Lu-chan. She would joke around with me and we had a lot in common. We both enjoy books, silence, the rain, some of the same shows, similar music, and a lot more things." By then I was rambling and I had a huge grin oon my face. Many memories of us watching the tv or reading in silence together or her laughing at my jokes filled my head. Tears pricked the corners of my eyes but I wiped them away before I could start crying. "What about your dad? What do you remember of him?"