~Chapter 17~

•Final Chapter•

•time skip to near end of summer•

The last days of summer were slipping away from us, and quick, too. Having that in mind, the gang tried to do as much as possible before school started back up again. We did something different each day which was fun and exciting.

Gajeel picked me up after work and we were on our way to go go-karting with the gang. Natsu had recommended this a couple days ago and we were just getting around to it because of his constant complaining.

"Have you ever drove a go kart, Shrimp?" He looked over to me as he parked the car in the parking lot.

"Noooo," I answered and laughed. The others were ready waiting for us by the gates. Natsu and Gray were already at each others' throats with insults and name calling. The sky was a greyish color which made me worry that it would rain. I hoped it wouldn't rain while we were driving at least.

"You two took long enough," Natsu pouted.

"You were the one to chose a day that I had work," I crossed my arms and pouted to which everyone laughed.

"Let's go already," Lu-chan pulled on her boyfriend's arm. They both shared the same eagerness. Some of the couples rode together with one driving, and the other just riding. Gray and Juvia and Natsu and Lucy. The guys were driving, too. That wouldn't be good knowing their competitive nature. The girls would be lucky to leave without getting in a minor crash. Everyone else got heir own in order to race their boyfriend or girlfriend.

Soon I was sitting in a go-kart, figuring out how to work it, with Gajeel in the one next to me.

"Imma win this, Shrimp," he chuckled.

"In your dreams," I smirked back. The lights in front of all of us changed from red to yellow. Then from yellow to green. And then we were all of. As you could guess, Natsu and Gray were in the lead immediately. But it wouldn't stay that way because Erza was right behind them and gaining, too. Gajeel and I were tied, right behind Erza. Bixlow was behind us. Behind him was Jellal, then Lisanna.

Gajeel looked over at me before stepping on the petal even harder, causing him to take the lead. Um, no, not today. I pressed down on the petal with a determined expression as we all turned right. I was on the inside of the turn so that helped me pull ahead of Gajeel and right beside Gray and Juvia, who had fallen behind Erza. Natsu and Lu-chan were still in the lead with Erza close behind.

I glanced back to see that Gajeel was speeding up slowly and getting closer to me. Not today. I looked ahead to find the next turn. It was going to be a left. Before we got close to the turn, I inched my way to the left. When we got to the turn, I was on the inside again, which made me pull ahead even more. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one thinking ahead by doing this, Erza did the same thing. This caused her and Natsu become tied and I pulled ahead of Gray and Juvia, so did Gajeel. Today must not be their day. I ever looked back for long enough to see what order the others were in. I was too focused on winning.

A few more turns here and there and Gajeel had caught up to me. Natsu and Erza were both still fighting for the lead. I could already tell I wouldn't be making first or second, but that wasn't my goal. My goal was at least to win against Gajeel.

"I'm supposed to be the one winning," Gajeel grinned as he pulled up next to me.

"In your dreams," I laughed and turned. This time, I had forgotten to move to the other side so I was on the inside of the turn. This time Gajeel was on the way inside and he was able to pull ahead.

"Then I guess I'm dreaming," he smiled. The smile I had fallen in love with. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

The final lap just started and the only thing that has changed in positions was that Erza was in first. Natsu and Lu-chan were second, Gajeel third, and me right on his tail in fourth. We raced over the track again and soon we were about to cross the finish line for the last time. Erza was already winning and was going to stay that way. Natsu was still ahead of Gajeel. Both Gajeel and I were basically tied at the moment. We pulled ahead of each other by a tire but the other would speed up to even it out again.

Soon we all crossed the line but we didn't get to see who won third place. When we finished we all piled out of the go-karts and started discussing who had won.

1st - Erza
2nd - Natsu and Lu-chan
3rd - Gajeel/Levy (tied)
4th - Gray and Juvia
5th - Jellal
6th - Lisanna
7th - Bixlow

"I definitely beat you, Shrimp," he ruffled my hair as we all walked on the sidewalk to the cars.

"No way, I obviously beat you," I shook my head.

"Hey, guys! Wanna go to the park?" Lu-chan asked everyone. We all cheered a 'yeah!' And we walked across the street instead.

"I still won," he said before running ahead of me and into the empty park, not leaving me anytime to argue.

"Get back here!" I chased after him but his legs were longer and so were his strides. I chased him until there was just a spiraled slide in between us. When I moved to the right, he moved to his right, avoiding me.

"Ugh, stop being difficult," I complained as I tried chasing him but we kept going in circles around the slide.

"What are you going to do if you happen to catch me?" He smirked. He had me there. What was I supposed to do? I decided to find that out when I caught him.

I started chasing him around in circles again, not answering his question. Suddenly I slammed into his chest and we toppled down to the ground. He just laughed as I rolled off of him and we lied in the grass laughing our asses off.

"Let's just say we tied?" I looked over to him.

"Fine," he grunted. He jumped up and helped me up. We raced to where the others were, at the swings.

"Let's play hide and seek!" Natsu cheered. Of course he would be the one to decide what we do. Either way we all agreed. We had fun, a lot of fun. Soon it got dark and we all went back across the street and into the cars. Life was complete now, Gajeel, friends, and my mom.

On our way back to my house to drop me off, I thought back to when we just met. I remember bumping into him on the street. The night all of the guys got drunk. The water park. The arcade. The night he asked me out. The day we told the others.

We both got what we wanted; He got friends, and I got a place to stay while my mum was out. And even though our problems were long ago solved, we were still together and I was glad for that. We didn't need each other for the same reasons that we did when we first met, but we still needed each other, nevertheless.

Yayyyy!!!! So this is the last chapter. I felt like adding a filler chapter bc I felt that 16 wasn't enough chapters. And I think the last paragraph in this chapter is a better closing for the book. This one is also shorter but YA know? I'm cool with that.

Soooo who likes some JeanMarco????

Well I'll be posting a new fan fiction called Just A Little Insane which will be JeanMarco. I can't wait!!

And idk when but some time in the near future the first chapter of Criminal Cupcakes that I'm working on with Happy will be posted. Idk when THO :/ oh well. Byeeee!!

P.s. Thanks for all of the views, votes, and amazing, hilarious comments!!