𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Wednesday
Weather Status:Cold, heavy rain

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧
•••
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Finishing your math class, you are about to walk out of the room when you hear a monotone voice yelling
"Hey wait up L/n!"

You turn your head over your shoulder, to see one of your classmates Monoma slightly running to catch up to you.

"Oh hey Neito? Do you need something?"
You ask as the two of you continue out of the classroom.

"Oh nothing! Just wondering what you made in the math test, though I know I did better anyways."

"In your dreams blondy"
You say as you look over to the cocky student with a glare.
Walking in silence down the hall you two break it by a outburst of laughter.

"Gosh you can't take a situation serious for a second huh L/n?"
He said as his outburst had began to end.

"I mean of course not when it comes to you."

The two of you keep walking as he breaks the silence once again.

"So you and that Bakugou kid right? The one you danced with when our class visited yours? I hate to admit it but you two did well together. Considering no one has ever...uh...how can I say this....
"Matched your sync" should I say?"

"What really?"
You ask in shock.

"Yes very much so! We were all talking about it that day after school. Somewhat odd he didn't show up the next day for after school practice yesterday. Maybe he got a partner for the ball in a couple weeks, but there's also a possibility of him just skipping." He guesses.
"But he's a total asshole. I mean honestly? How dose he have so many friends? He's not special. All he dose is flip people off and intimidate them with his "flashy" quirk. Like seriou-"

"Eh, let's wait. I just want to see the expression on his face when he see's us at the ball"

As his rant began to end, you went back to the part when he mentioned the masquerade ball.

"Oh seriously? I heard he wasn't participating in the ball this year? Odd." I punder.

"Yeah..." he says suspiciously
"Hey L/n-"

"GOSH! I have to go! I'll see you in ballroom dancing, I have something to do after school.
I'll call you!"
As you begin to run to your history class.

"Were you suspicious of him?
Of course.
Monoma was never the type to be a priest.
I mean even if he did find out. So what? To you it would be very tiring for MONOMA out of all people to find out. He would rant and tease you about how he would say
"He's such an asshole, yet you decided to pick HIM as your partner out of all people HIM well shit. You could have chose me for all I care."

I mean he is a asshole. But you didn't want to prove his accusation.

Then he'd talk about that for the rest of your god damn life span.

So for now, your mouth is staying closed."

•••

You finally meet your history class when you see a familiar face. You meet the eyes of your classmate Ojiro as you give him a smile are you start to walk over to your desk.

"What's up Ojiro!"
You smile

"Hey L/n!"
He said.

You take your seat behind him as he turns around to make small talk.

"Gosh don't we have that test today? If we do, I haven't study at all."
He sulks.

"Hey not sure...even if we did I think I studied a time or too."
You think.

"Yeah I guess so. Oh yeah! I don't think I told you yet. Orchestra isn't going to be practicing with you guys anymore. We'll be going back to the band room so we can perfect playing sheet music right off the back without practice for the Masquerade Ball."

Your eyes widen at the sudden news
"Really? So the whole band will be playing on panel?"
You ask.

"Oh no! Mademoiselle is still picking specific people from different classes! I just happened to be one of them!"
He says excitedly

"Oh, that's amazing!"
You excite.

"Yup! And I hear Jirou will be playing again. Am I correct?"
He asks.

"Oh yeah, she was telling me about it the other day!"
You contently answer.

You two continue to chatter about the little things, school, clubs, problems at home, trivial things like. Not even noticing the bell rang, meaning class had begun.

•••

Class once again ending, you say your goodbyes to Ojiro, and you started down the hall expecting Jirou once again.

You then heard someone call your name.
You looked back to
See Jirou jogging up to you.

"What did she say?"
She got straight to the point walking by your side while you both headed up to the office.

"She said, that she wanted me and Bakugou to partner up because of some "social experiment."

"And told us to "Figure it out" before the ball comes up."
You explained while you started to mope.

"Seriously? Man. Well, I'm guessing that it won't be that bad. Maybe he's just trying to get it over with?"

"Don't try and polish it up and place a bow on top. He's so aggravating, and stubborn."
You explain while letting your head sag.

She laughs and pats your head trying to figure out a way to make you feel better.

While you both continue down the hall as you head down to the student office to pick up your uniform for ballroom dancing next period.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧
934 words
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧