Chapter 8: Snuggling

"Who?" He asks me.

"Her name is Skylar. She was my best friend. Along with Kate. They were always by my side." I say, sitting down on the bed. Don't worry we're not sharing a bed, there's two king size beds. Ahh, heaven. "But since she's not here, I bet she's dead." I say, tears brimming my eyes.

Daryl walks over and sits by me, draping his arm on my shoulders, pulling me into a side hug. "Don't worry, I got ya. Yer not going anywhere.

***

I wake up, to me half laying on Daryl. I'm on my stomach as he is on his back, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, my hands tangled in his hair.

Did I get drunk and not remember something?! Or did we fall asleep?!

Rick walks in quietly and sees us. He starts chuckling. "Shh! You're gonna wake him up!" I whisper yell.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, dying down from his laughing attack.

"Yeah right." I whisper.

"You guys don't have to whisper ya know." I hear Daryl say, pulling me closer to him.

"Hey, you know if you get any closer, people are gonna take pictures!" Rick yells, already I the hallway. "Oh! And breakfast is ready!"

I try to get up but Daryl pulls me back down. "Daryl!" I whine.

"You're keeping me warm." He says, sticking his head into my neck.

"Ugh, fine! Five more minutes."

-Fifteen minutes later-

"Okay Daryl. We have to go eat."

"No."

"Yes." I say, flicking his head.

"Ow!" He looks at me, and playfully glares. "Fine!" He sighs, and we get up and walk to the dining room.