Chapter 9: Trapped

"Hey sleepy heads! What were you guys doing!" T-Dog says, winking at us.

I hold up my middle finger to him, while Daryl says shut up. Everyone laughs, while me and Daryl realize we missed breakfast. Great. "What did we miss other than breakfast?" I ask.

"Jenner showed us that the things out there aren't alive. And that clock right there is counting down to decontamination. Whatever that means." Rick says.

My eyes widen, tears brimming my eyes. "Guys we gotta get out of here!" I yell, my voice cracking. Daryl looks at me with confusion.

"Why?" Rick asks.

"Cause this place is gonna blow..." My voice cracks.

Everyone's eyes widen. "Everyone go to your rooms, pack your stuff. We're getting out of here." Rick says, calm yet I sensed worry.

We all run towards the door, but it closes, locking us in.

"Did you just lock us in?! He locked us in!" I hear Glenn yell. But that's the last thing I heard, as I blacked out.

***

"Mel... Please wake up. Don't give up just yet." I hear Daryl whispering. I open my eyes and see Daryl.

"Daryl?" I ask, groaning, my head hurting.

"Oh thank god." I hear Daryl and Rick whisper.

I stand up, not caring that I have a headache. I see that the door is still closed, and we have 4 minutes. I walk of to Jenner, slapping him. "Would she want this?!" Everyone looks confused except Daryl and Jenner. "Would she want to lose her best friend because of her brother?! No, I didn't think so. Open that door before I blow your fucking brains out!" I yell the last part.

"I can't open the front doors. But I'll let you leave."

"Thank you."