Chapter 5: Disaster

~Melody's POV~

"Where is our van?!" Glenn says, surprised.

"Merle." I say.

"He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp." Daryl says. We all look at each other, and start running back to camp.

***

We about to reach the camp, when we here screams. "Oh my god." Me and Rick whisper. We start running towards the camp, and once we reach the top, it's awful. Death around every corner. I start running around, killing as many walkers as I can. I'm and the edge of the forest, when a hand of a walker is on my shoulder. It brings me back and I hit my head on a rock or something on the ground, and my vision starts get blurry, but the last thing I see and hear is Daryl killing the walker, and yelling, "Mel!" He ran to me and put my face between his hands. "Don't you dare die on me."

Then darkness consumed me.

~Daryl's POV~

Once all the walkers were killed, I saw that a walker was about to get Mel, and she hit her head. "Mel!" I yelled as I killed the walker. I ran over and kneeled down next to her. I put her face between my hands, "Don't you dare die on me." I whisper as she falls into a deep sleep. I picked her up bridal style and ran to the RV, I opened the door and grabbed bandages and everything I needed, I didn't really know what I was doing, but I just need to stop the bleeding on her head or she could lose to much. I look at the door and Rick ran in. This isn't the end for her. I hope.

***

~Melody's POV~

I wake up in a truck, and I look over to the drivers seat to see Daryl driving. "Daryl?" I ask, my voice raspy.

He looks at me shocked. "Mel! You're awake!" He says.

"How long have I been out?" I ask, sitting up.

"2 days. You scared all of us, especially me and Rick. We left the old camp and are heading to the CDC."

"Why didn't you lay me down in the RV?" I say confused.

"Cause I wanted you by me." He says embarrassed.

"Awe!" I tease. He playfully punches me.

"Stop." He said.