Chapter 21: Epilogue

[Third Person POV]

Mel was in the woods at the moment, trying to hunt, but she was thinking too much. Daryl told her he loved her, but he left before she could even say anything.

He didn't give her enough time to say she loved him too. She had feelings for him for a long time now, and now she can't even say it back. She suddenly heard the cracking of a stick, and she raised her bow quickly, turning in different directions to find the source.

But there was nothing.

I must be losing it. She thought. She started walking back to the prison, because honestly, she wanted her best friends.

But that's not what she saw. The governor was there, with a tank. She kept her body low to the ground as she watched carefully. She couldn't hear what they were saying, and honestly, she didn't want to.

She knew that the knew people around the prison were with the governor, but was he going to kill all of them just to get what he wants?

Mel wasn't really around the prison much, all she did was go out into the woods and hunt. But, people filled her in. Many people got sick, and Glenn almost died.

It was then when the governors had pulled out Hershel and Michonne from a truck was when Mel got nervous, she got her bow ready, but she didn't get up. Rick was trying to persuade The Governor, that she could tell.

Was her new home gonna be gone forever? No, it couldn't be. Was this man really willing to kill everyone just to get what he wants? Of course he was, he was evil. Then, Mel's eyes landed on a certain face in the Governors men. It was Dan.

She raised her bow, aiming at the governor, until she felt a cold metal on the back of her head.

"Stand up slowly and drop the bow." The man orders, making her stand up slowly and throw her bow to the ground with her arrows. She rose her hands in the air, as the man pushes her towards the tank, where he made her kneel next to Hershel.

"Let them go!" Rick yells, his eyes widening and tears blinding his vision. "Like I said, it doesn't have to be like it was before, we can all live together!"

As Rick talked, Melody smiled, even though tears were falling down her cheeks. She was on the verge of dying, but she was proud of her brother.

Daryl's heart was pounding on his chest. Michonne's sword was against Hershel's neck, and a gun was pointed to Melody's head. Daryl got tears in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall.

"My people won't like your people." The governor spoke.

"We would barely see each other. We would be on different sides of the prison. We're not too far gone." Rick yelled to him. It was silent. Melody was still smiling at her brother, she was so proud of him. She would've been hugging him right now if she was about to die.

"Liar."

Melody shut her eyes tightly as blood splattered onto her face, shock and sadness flowing through her. She opened her eyes slightly, seeing Hershel's body drop to the ground.

All hell suddenly broke loose, gunshots flying past Mel as she crawled away as fast as she could. She found her bow on the side of the tank, where she grabbed it quickly, and laid down on the ground as the tank started rolling into the gates.

Mel was shooting arrows left and right, collecting them as she started running into the prison. Her eyes wandered to the field that was now covered in walkers. She looked and saw the prison bus leaving.

Daryl shot the guy that jumped out of the tank, hearing the gunfire starting to disappear. He suddenly looked out into the field, seeing someone stand out in his vision. Mel. He was going to run towards her, when she was surrounded by walkers.

"No." He whispered. He lost her once, he didn't want to lose her again. He tried to run, but a hand stopped him, it was Beth. He knew Mel was gone, but he didn't want to believe it. He wanted to be with her again, but he knew he couldn't.

"We gotta go Daryl."

Daryl looked at Beth, then back at the walkers. He wouldn't survive if he ran out there, but he wanted to. Instead he ran with Beth, away from the horrid mess in front of him.

Sorry people! This is the last chapter! I'm sorry for ending it, but comment if you want a sequel. ;)