Chapter 11: Losing and Finding

Daryl calls after me as I run after Sophia. I reach the woods, locating the little girl and the 2 walkers a few feet behind her. Good thing I have my bow. I run towards Sophia, picking her up and running into a little creek.

I push Sophia behind me, loading an arrow, shooting the first walker. "Are you okay?" I ask Sophia after shooting the last one.

"Yeah... But do you know the way back?" She asks.

"Um... Psh, of course I do!"

*3 Hours Later*

"Okay, I have no idea where I'm going." I say to Sophia who is right next to me, holding my hand.

"Melody, is that a farm up there?" Sophia asks.

I look in front of us and see a farmhouse, and a barn. "Let's go!" I kneel down and have Sophia climb on my back in a piggyback, so I can run fast without worrying about her.

I start running fast towards the house, as the sun starts setting. "Help!" I yell, once I'm closer to the farmhouse.

I see a girl on the porch, as she yells for her dad.

"Are any of you bit?" An older man asks when I reach the house, as Sophia gets off, I put my hands on my knees, catching my breath.

"No we didn't get bit." Sophia says.

"Well come on in." The girl says.

"Hershel?! Who's out there?" I hear a familiar voice yell. I stand up fast and look up and see my best friends, Skylar and Kate.

"Mel!" They yell, as they both run over and hug the life out of me.

"Oh my god I've missed you guys sooo much!" I say, starting to cry.

"We've missed you too!" I can hear them crying too.

We separate, walking into the house, with Sophia holding my hand.

-Daryl's POV-

Ugh, I can't believe she ran off yesterday! I'm so stupid for letting her run off alone, I should've followed her.

"Daryl. Daryl!" Lori says as she snaps her fingers in my face. "You okay? You were zoning out." She asks. I can tell she's still worried about that gunshot.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's keep goin." I say, starting to walk again.

Before anyone else could speak, a scream erupts through the forest. We run, finding Andrea on the ground and a girl on a horse. "Lori? Lori Grimes?!" She asks.

Lori steps up. "That's me."

"You've gotta come now. Carl's been shot. Rick sent me."

"What?" Lori asks, lightly.

"Just come!" The girl yells.

Lori climbs onto the horse. "I also have a message for Daryl." I look at her confusingly.

"That's me?" I say, confused every minute that passes.

"Mel says you'll see her soon." And with that she rode off.

Mel.